Ward boundaries outside your stake.

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jomacdonald

Ward boundaries outside your stake.

Post by jomacdonald »

Will there be the opportunity to view ward boundaries outside your stake?

The reason that I ask is that my wife and I will be moving outside of our stake soon and we're hoping to know the exact ward boundaries.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Ward boundaries outside your stake.

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator Note: This thread was moved from the Directory forum to the Maps forum.]

You can view other ward and stake boundaries in the Maps program. Just make sure the Boundaries/Selected layer is turned on.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:You can view other ward and stake boundaries in the Maps program. Just make sure the Boundaries/Selected layer is turned on.
The ability to see ward and stake boundaries is dependent on your permissions for the Maps application, which depend on your calling. Not everyone can see ward and stake boundaries.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:The ability to see ward and stake boundaries is dependent on your permissions for the Maps application, which depend on your calling. Not everyone can see ward and stake boundaries.
I didn't realize that. I assumed everyone could see what I am seeing on Maps.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
d.mitch.bailey

Post by d.mitch.bailey »

1) Log on to ChurchofJesusChrist.org (you might have to be a member, but it doesn't look like any particular calling is required.)
1) Under "Tools and Support", open "Meetinghouse Locator"
2) On the bottom right, to the left of the Satellite icon, there is a 3x3 array of dots. When you mouse over, it says "Map Apps". Click on this.
3) Choose "Classic LDS Maps"
4) On the left, click on "Wards and Branches" to see boundaries anywhere in the world.
5) You might have to turn on ward boundaries. To do this, Click on the "Map Layers" icon in the upper right. Click on "Boundaries" to expand, if needed, and then Select "Wards". Ward boundaries should be outlined in purple.
aruss14110

Post by aruss14110 »

You are the man!!!!!
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I sincerely hope nobody ever gets the bright idea to remove the "obsolete" Classic LDS Maps, and I even once submitted this feedback via the official tools. The functionality available there is helpful in so many different ways. Sometimes just for fun (I wonder what my son's current ward looks like in his mission in Brazil?), to important (well, we all have our own definition of what is actually important...) ;)

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”