Highlights and tags from this year deleted themselves

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lauraelf

Highlights and tags from this year deleted themselves

Post by lauraelf »

I have been highlighting and tagging this year by a particular topic but this morning when I went to take notes on some of the tags I had made this week, they were gone. In fact all of the highlights and tags from the entire year were deleted. I would like to restore then somehow as there is much precious personal revelation in these. I tried syncing but it did not restore it
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Highlights and tags from this year deleted themselves

Post by lajackson »

Based on past experience shared by others at this forum, these things just go away from time to time. They disappear for no apparent reason at all. And usually they just come back again all on their own, without any assistance from users at all. Most experiences shared here at the forum say this problem usually resolves itself within a few days.

I believe that those who use highlights, tags, notes, etc., exercise great faith. And from what I have seen, their faith has been rewarded. I, on the other hand, am one of little faith in this regard. Because of what I have seen and heard, I have never chosen to use any of the highlighting, tags, notes, or any of the other things that might aid me as I study the scriptures and other materials in Gospel Library. I use other methods and means of recording the thoughts and revelations that are so personally important to me.

To set your mind a little bit at ease, I have surmised over time that things such as your highlights, tags, notes, etc., are still there. I personally believe the problem is caused when the servers at Church headquarters get confused from time to time as they sync with and talk to our devices at home, and everything goes away until the servers and devices agree once again on how to speak civilly with each other.

I have never had a piece of paper reboot while I was giving a talk or leading a discussion or lesson. On the other hand, I think that is all that is happening here with your highlights, etc. It just seems to take longer than a simple reboot for everything to get back together again.

I have other ways of learning patience that do not involve the fear of losing my most valuable creations.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If your device has been syncing regularly, your annotations should still be safe on the server, even if they don't appear in the app, as lajackson says.

Are you signed in with your Church Account in Settings?

Do you see your annotations if you sign in to Notes.ChurchofJesusChrist.org?

If your notes are still missing, even after verifying you're signed in, I'd recommend sending in-app feedback under Settings so the support team can help debug the issue.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
gjwillis

Post by gjwillis »

I just lost all of my highlights and notes, too. I am just sick. I have spent so much time marking and dictating my thoughts. I have started using the gospel I sure hope that lajackson is right that they will come back.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”