Not receiving in Send a Message

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Not receiving in Send a Message

Post by zaneclark »

With our current Send a Message, I do not get the returns of those with wrong email addresses. Several years go, this information was available and I maintained a list so that I could work with them to obtain correct information. Is there any way to check bad addresses with the current system?
(This has probably been addressed previously, but I couldn't find it...)
zaneclark

Re: Not receiving in Send a Message

Post by zaneclark »

OK, no one seems to have an answer to this, so I'll ask a different question... Is it possible to export the names and email addresses to another mail server such as gmail so I can check the accuracy of the addresses?
klricks

Post by klricks »

zaneclark wrote:OK, no one seems to have an answer to this, so I'll ask a different question... Is it possible to export the names and email addresses to another mail server such as gmail so I can check the accuracy of the addresses?
AFAIK there is no personal information that can be exported to external applications or local files. Likely privacy issues and/or misuse of information has stopped that.

Regarding your question on 'bounce notifications'
If you want to contact developers then use the feedback link at the bottom of the send a message page.
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

zaneclark wrote:Is it possible to export the names and email addresses to another mail server such as gmail so I can check the accuracy of the addresses?
I don't have access, but I thought when you went to send a message, you'd see the list of addresses. Can you copy and paste that?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

russellhltn wrote:
zaneclark wrote:Is it possible to export the names and email addresses to another mail server such as gmail so I can check the accuracy of the addresses?
I don't have access, but I thought when you went to send a message, you'd see the list of addresses. Can you copy and paste that?
No. Only a list of names is shown with a select box and email icon (envelope). The email address is not shown unless you hover the mouse over the email icon but does not allow C&P.

Same deal with the email TO: field.... Only the names are shown not email addresses.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”