Access Denied to Mission Maps on Classic LDS Maps Link

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kadenwatson

Access Denied to Mission Maps on Classic LDS Maps Link

Post by kadenwatson »

Until today, I could view mission boundaries via the Classic LDS Maps link but now access is being denied with no alternative solution provided. The churches main maps page still directs me to Classic LDS Maps so this is incredibly frustrating. I need to be able to view mission boundaries for a project I’m doing. Why are these suddenly unavailable? This is extremely frustrating and ridiculous.
RedBeetle

Re: Access Denied to Mission Maps on Classic LDS Maps Link

Post by RedBeetle »

Even with my member sign-in, I am having the issue of suddenly not being able to access mission boundaries via Classic Maps. I tried the layers tool with no success either. I checked this a few days ago and it was working fine. Is this going to be fixed soon or is there another way to access current mission boundaries?
rscorse47

Post by rscorse47 »

You can see it on the CDOL site. Depends on your calling to access it, I believe.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have leader access, and currently (5/15/20) see the following choices missing when I access Classic Maps generically as opposed to when logged in to my account:
* Missions
* Recreational Camps
* Tabernacles

Likewise, if I paste the url for a Mission Map into a different browser where I haven't logged into my account, it immediately redirects to my church account sign-in. Doing the same for a url from a Stake or Ward search, does not do that. So at least right now, it seems some level of leader access may be required for viewing mission maps.

This is a single datapoint at a single point in time. And of course there's no way for us users to know if this is on purpose, or something in transition that will eventually come around, or a bug.
1dallinscott_00069781273

Post by 1dallinscott_00069781273 »

Still an issue for me - broken mission maps link (16 July 2023)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It appears the the boundary map for one's own mission can be seen in the Ward Directory and Map, and selecting "Mission" at the left bottom.

Boundary maps can be downloaded as a PDF in CDOL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”