Church Webcast Testing

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Church Webcast Testing

Post by bartj »

An update to the Church's webcast solution will be released July/August of this year. We are completing extensive testing of the system but would appreciate help completing additional field testing. Please message me if you have time and interest to help us in our testing efforts. Field testing is tentatively scheduled for June 5th - June 25th.

The update will include the following:
- Auto Event Scaling – support 1,000+ viewers without selecting large event.
- Remote Viewing Portal - all scheduled events for an organization will be available in the remote viewing portal. The URL for this portal will not change per event.
- Public & Private Events - event managers will have two different ways to categorize events. Private would be similar to the current viewing experience where Church account login is required. Public events will not require a Church account login.
- Congregational Viewing Resiliency – increased signal resiliency for congregational viewing locations.
- Video Scrubbing - move forward or backwards in events.
- Video On-demand - videos can be made available as VOD after a live event for viewing.

Testing can be done independently by individuals during the test dates. It is understood that individuals will not be able to test things like scaling or congregational viewing resiliency.
mitchrichie

Re: Church Webcast Testing

Post by mitchrichie »

I'm so happy to see these features on the list. I would love to help test the system.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mitchrichie wrote:I would love to help test the system.
Posting here may not get to bartj before the testing begins. Send a private message as stated in the post:
bartj wrote:Please message me if you have time and interest to help us in our testing efforts.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dle2

Post by dle2 »

bartj wrote:Please message me if you have time and interest to help us in our testing efforts.
I am also interested in helping test - tried to send a private message, but evidently have not posted enough to do so.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

This is not the place to fulfill the request to message bartj. You must use the private message feature of the forum. Unless bartj is monitoring this thread he may not see your response. He will, however, be notified when he gets a private message.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:This is not the place to fulfill the request to message bartj. You must use the private message feature of the forum. Unless bartj is monitoring this thread he may not see your response. He will, however, be notified when he gets a private message.
But he can't PM until he loses his "New Member" title.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I doubt bartj is aware of that. I certainly had a memory lapse.
JD Lessley
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dle2 wrote:I am also interested in helping test - tried to send a private message, but evidently have not posted enough to do so.
I sent you a private message about testing. You should be able to read it, even though you cannot yet reply.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by bartj »

I believe I have reached out to those who requested information on the testing. Please reply below or PM me if I missed you. Thank you all for your help testing the webcast solution.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Any idea if they are trying to send audio?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”