Any way to edit an address through churchofjesuschrist.org?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
neilanfranklin@hotmail.co.uk

Any way to edit an address through churchofjesuschrist.org?

Post by neilanfranklin@hotmail.co.uk »

It seems that unless the information is changed by an authorised leader, the system doesn’t recognise any update. I recently updated my location with the drag and drop system on maps but it was obvious that this is not an accepted way of updating your address - even when you’re officially logged in with your membership number etc.

I tried to pay tithing online today and was told that I was not permitted to make donations as my address had not been ‘approved’.
eblood66

Re: Any way to edit an address through churchofjesuschrist.org?

Post by eblood66 »

neilanfranklin@hotmail.co.uk wrote:I recently updated my location with the drag and drop system on maps but it was obvious that this is not an accepted way of updating your address
The drag and drop system doesn't actually change your address. It just changes the geographic coordinates the church associates with your address. You'll need to ask a clerk to change the address. But they can do it online so if you contact one they should be able to update it pretty quickly.
mevans

Re: Any way to edit an address through churchofjesuschrist.org?

Post by mevans »

neilanfranklin@hotmail.co.uk wrote:I tried to pay tithing online today and was told that I was not permitted to make donations as my address had not been ‘approved’.
Based on the email in your user name, I assume you're in the UK. You will have a different online banking system than USA, so I don't know if certain approvals are required. If you are having problems making online donations, I suggest you post your question at the Online Donations forum (viewforum.php?f=156). Make sure people where know your country, as that will be critical for helping with online donations. You could also try contacting a clerk in your unit if you are having difficulty making online donations.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”