Windows version of Member Tools? Or How to Email organizations from my Windows desktop?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
hessmess1

Windows version of Member Tools? Or How to Email organizations from my Windows desktop?

Post by hessmess1 »

Greetings fellow members,

For my current calling, I often need to email a specific organization throughout our stake. I'd like to be able to do this on my Windows desktop. That way can benefit from a big screen and full keyboard when composing emails.

I've looked on Clerk and Leader Resources and can't find a way to do this. The closes thing I see is that the description in the Member Tools app here seems to indicate that's possible:
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... n?lang=eng

But that's for android or apple OSes only.

Is this really the only way to email a group, using my phone? To date, I have to manually create and maintain my own lists in my email client if I want to send emails from my computer.

Please tell me there's an easier way, maybe a windows version of the app? Thank you in advance!

Bro. Jared Hess
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Windows version of Member Tools? Or How to Email organizations from my Windows desktop?

Post by russellhltn »

The Windows version of the app was discontinued. Apparently, not enough use to justify the expense of making sure it was secure.

Your best bet is LCR.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Re: Windows version of Member Tools? Or How to Email organizations from my Windows desktop?

Post by davesudweeks »

If your calling allows it, you can use the "send a message" tool to email groups in your stake. In Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR), it is listed in the "Applications" tab (in the grey bar along the top). If your calling does not grant access to the send a message tool, you can compose your message and pass it along to your stake clerk or executive secretary to send. The send a message tool has limited text formatting capability, but it will handle attachments.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”