Incorrect email addresses

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Incorrect email addresses

Post by zaneclark »

I'm throwing this out again, as it is critical right now to know who is receiving the messages being sent from leaders. There are undoubtedly many who have incorrect addresses and so are not getting important notices right now about opening up meetings. Does anyone have ANY idea on how to accomplish this?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Incorrect email addresses

Post by sbradshaw »

There are a lot of reasons someone might not get emails sent via Send a Message – their email address could be wrong, the email might be routed to spam or even deleted before it gets to spam (byu.net), they might get so many emails that it's hard to keep up, or they might only check their email once a month, if at all. I wouldn't rely on Send a Message as the only way to get the word out about things. If it's important, I would also send it via a Facebook group, if you have one, via Gospel Living, and via bishops > quorums and classes > members.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rsperry6

Re: Incorrect emaiil addresses

Post by rsperry6 »

How do I change a members email address. I am the Elders Quorum PRESIDENR
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Incorrect emaiil addresses

Post by russellhltn »

rsperry6 wrote:How do I change a members email address. I am the Elders Quorum PRESIDENR
You pass it along to the clerk or membership clerk.

Elder's Quorum Presidents do not have rights to edit a person's membership record or contact information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Incorrect email addresses

Post by lajackson »

A member usually also is able to change their email address. And in the Send a Message function of Leader and Clerk Resources, leaders are able to see which members have even provided emails.

As for the original question about getting church meeting information to members, the best way, of course, is for ministering brothers and sisters to convey the information.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”