External Scripture links on iPad

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
b321gonzo

External Scripture links on iPad

Post by b321gonzo »

I have a pdf that links to the scriptures. On an android phone and iPhone they open up the gospel library app as intended. On my iPad, for whatever reason when I go to click on one of the links, it goes to open it up on the church website instead of Gospel Library. I thought it would act similarly to an iPhone and open up the Gospel Library app (it is up to date and iPad is up to date). I don’t know if maybe it’s not acting the same because iPad switched to iPadOS instead of iOS? My iPad is WiFi only so if I don’t have access to WiFi it will not be able to open the links. Is there a way to make it open the links in Gospel Library on the iPad?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: External Scripture links on iPad

Post by sbradshaw »

If you long-press the link, assuming it's a properly-formed link, it should give you options on whether to open it in "Library" or the browser. If you choose Library, that will be set as the new default.

If that doesn't work, it's possible it's an issue with the app you're using to view the PDF. Are you using the same app to view the PDF on your iPhone and iPad?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”