Bookmarks not updating - Android

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
rskdmt

Bookmarks not updating - Android

Post by rskdmt »

As of two days ago I am unable to update bookmarks.

If I open up a bookmark then read further I try and update it and it reverts back to the previous location. If i open a bookmark then read further and set up a new book mark it sets it at the original bookmark location I started on. I can set a bookmark at the desired location if I start from the library page and then browse to my desired location then set or update the bookmark but this can be a time consuming and cumbersome process depending on what I and reading/studying.

I have re-installed the app twice with no change. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there a fix?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Bookmarks not updating - Android

Post by lajackson »

rskdmt wrote:Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there a fix?
Yes, my bookmarks are not updating properly. They update, but land about two chapters behind where I am trying to set them. I cannot update to the current location.

In my case, the bookmark updates a little from its past location, just not far enough. I have not yet figured out how it is deciding where to land.

This is a bug and the developers will have to fix it. I sent feedback through the app. The more the merrier.

EDIT: A bookmark will update within a chapter, but will not update if you are trying to move it to another chapter.
I think the bookmark location is hijacking the current location marker.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on the beta (5.9.0) or the released version (5.8.0)? If you're on the beta, there's a known issue that the developers are working on today.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

The beta 5.9.0 (59012.95) release introduced the problem. There is now a 59015.96 release that has solved the problem of updating bookmarks. Now you can update them.

Unfortunately, as I just replied to the GSC, a new problem has been introduced. When you select any bookmark, you are taken to the beginning of the chapter, but the app does not scroll down to the actual verse/paragraph of the bookmark. When you manually scroll down, you will see that the booikmark indeed is there.

Progress, in a weird sort of way.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Try 5.9.0 (59021.97). :)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:Try 5.9.0 (59021.97). :)
Well, they have been busy, bless them. I will try it as soon as it becomes available in the Play Store. (or as soon as the Play Store recognizes that there is a difference between what I have and what you are proposing [grin])
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:Try 5.9.0 (59021.97). :)
... as soon as it becomes available in the Play Store ...
The latest beta finally showed up this afternoon, I downloaded it, and bookmarks seem to work just fine. Once again, the world is back in its proper orbit.

I have to commend the developers for their quick work on fixing this one. I told the GSC that when I reported back that things appeared to be foxed.

You mentioned .97 this morning. Was it in the Play Store then and Google rolls things out incrementally so I could not see it until this afternoon? Or did you just happen to know it was coming because, well, you just happened to know? [smile]
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:You mentioned .97 this morning. Was it in the Play Store then and Google rolls things out incrementally so I could not see it until this afternoon? Or did you just happen to know it was coming because, well, you just happened to know? [smile]
Both. :)

Return to “Gospel Library”