Not getting Church emails

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
mrnonaustralianguy

Not getting Church emails

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I have subscribed to all Church emails, and I’m not getting any of them.

The only emails I get from the Church or for Church-related stuff is ComeUntoChrist.org emails, Church app/website feedback/support emails, ones related to my Church account, emails from Tech Forum, and emails from the GSC.

I am not getting any emails for the following:
-Official Church Announcements
-Inspiration and News, except for emails from ComeUntoChrist.org
-My Calling
-Volunteering Time and Talents
-Share Light
-Notifications about the Official Communication Library

I have repeatedly checked my email address to make sure it matches the one I put in for my Church account.

I do think there’s a small chance that it may have to do with the email itself. The only email I can use is a school email provided by Davis School District. Might it have anything to do with that? The only catch to that is that if it were the case, I probably wouldn’t get any Church-related emails at all.
Jeremy 🎶
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Not getting Church emails

Post by russellhltn »

jeremynwest wrote:I do think there’s a small chance that it may have to do with the email itself. The only email I can use is a school email provided by Davis School District.
Is it an actual email or a forwarding service? A number of people have complained they don't get emails sent to their byu.net forwarding service.

I also notice your email is what I call a "double dot" (two dots in the domain section). That might cause an issue. I'd imagine that different emails are handled by different services, so it could affect some without affecting all.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

It is an actual email account on Microsoft 365 provided by the school district. What I notice is that for all employees in the district the domain is dsdmail.net and for students it is go.dsdmail.net.
Jeremy 🎶
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I know that Alpine School District's student email system only accepts emails from whitelisted addresses. For the most part, that means they can get messages from teachers and other students. I don't know if Davis SD has similar restrictions.

It sounds like you're getting some emails from the Church. It may be that you're getting all of the emails that you should be. You're not going to suddenly start getting a bunch of emails because you have set these to subscribed. You may also not be getting them based on your age. I don't know what the business rules are for sending them. I'm reasonably certain they wouldn't go to anyone under 13, but I don't know if there are other rules that have been established for emails to youth.
  • Official Church Announcement s- These appear to be relatively infrequent. I see a few in late March due to COVID-19 changes but not as many since then. There is an "Official Church Announcements" header on them.
  • Inspiration and News, except for emails from ComeUntoChrist.org - It looks like the frequency on these varies. They may come pretty rapidly (close to daily around General Conference) or be spaced by several weeks. There is an "Inspiration and News" header on them.
  • My Calling - You're not going to get any of these. The adult leaders in your Aaronic Priesthood organization would get some, but I don't think they currently send anything in this category to youth.
  • Volunteering Time and Talents - I don't know how frequently this is used, if at all.
  • Share Light - I don't know how frequently this is used, if at all.
  • Notifications about the Official Communication Library - You won't get emails from OCL. You don't have a calling that is supported by OCL.
Most of the effort in producing content for youth is focused on Gospel Living. That's where you're going to see things that are directed to you.
mrnonaustralianguy

I know Davis School District has not blocked that email address because I know other people who use their go.dsdmail.net address and they get Church emails.

I think I found the problem today. I went into Account Settings today to do something, and I accidentally clicked on the email address settings. It says that my “Email address has not been verified”. But when I click the button to send a verification email, there’s a “system error”.
Jeremy 🎶
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jeremynwest wrote:I think I found the problem today. I went into Account Settings today to do something, and I accidentally clicked on the email address settings. It says that my “Email address has not been verified”. But when I click the button to send a verification email, there’s a “system error”.
As a long shot, try re-entering the address. Perhaps there's something extra in the field you can't see that's causing a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mrnonaustralianguy

Okay, I did that. Now I have to see if the email actually sent.
Jeremy 🎶
katief

Post by katief »

I never receive emails from the church for my calling. My email address has a green circle with a white checkmark inside of it next to my email address and it is correct. Under "Email Subscriptions" all boxes are checked.

Under the "Membership" section and "Callings" it lists my Church employee title first and then callings below that. I'm wondering if having the employee title first is preventing my church callings from being recognized and therefore I'm not getting any emails for my calling. Is there a way this order can be reversed? Or is there another thing I need to check?
herronkw

Post by herronkw »

I'm experiencing the same problem.

A few months back, I changed the email address associated with my Church Account from a Gmail account to an Outlook account. After the change, my email address updated in the Directory but I continued to receive all "official" subscription emails at my old address. I've since unsubscribed my old email address by clicking the Gmail "Unsubscribe" link included at the top of their web based email window.

I've repeatedly tried to re-subscribe under my Church Account but no luck - the check boxes update but I never receive any email. I wrote an email to Global Services and the response was, literally, "Thank you for Contacting the GSD. We are unable to assist you with this issue."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

herronkw wrote:A few months back, I changed the email address associated with my Church Account from a Gmail account to an Outlook account. After the change, my email address updated in the Directory but I continued to receive all "official" subscription emails at my old address.
Interesting. Just as a wild guess, go to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/ and make sure the email is correct.

If it is, try unsubscribing from all. Wait 24 hours or more, and then go back in and subscribe.

Return to “Main Church Website”