Screen casting

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
Qpig

Screen casting

Post by Qpig »

How do I screen cast? My tablet keeps messing up & I'm wanting to cast to my TV. Thank you!
carsonm

Re: Screen casting

Post by carsonm »

Need more details to be able to assist further To start, Is your tablet using Windows 10, Android or iOS (iPad) ?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you wanting to cast your full screen, or something in a specific app (like the YouTube app with Church videos, or Gospel Library, etc.)? Do you have a smart TV, or a TV with a Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, or similar device plugged into it?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
timscott

Post by timscott »

Similar situation here. Bought the hardware assuming the connectivity wouldn't be a problem. Unable to finish Chromecast installation due to firewall settings. Is there a workaround? Would AppleTV have the same problem?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

timscott wrote:Unable to finish Chromecast installation due to firewall settings.
I'm wondering if the issue is that the Chromecast device can't connect to the Liahona network due to the need to accept the Terms of Use.

If that's the case, I'd look at Registering Devices in Technology Manager.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
GGeorge441

Post by GGeorge441 »

Cast your android screen from the google home app. Follow the link below might help you,
https://support.google.com/chromecast/a ... 9461?hl=en
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:
timscott wrote:Unable to finish Chromecast installation due to firewall settings.
I'm wondering if the issue is that the Chromecast device can't connect to the Liahona network due to the need to accept the Terms of Use.
We have a baptism this Sunday. I was hoping to connect a Chromecast to a TV in the chapel, and then cast from my Android phone in the font room. The Liahona network may indeed be a block. I will need to test it soon.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

russellhltn wrote:I'd look at Registering Devices in Technology Manager.
As I feared, my "ward clerk" calling does not allow me to "Find a Device" in the Group Policy Manager of TM, so I can't add the MAC address of the Chromecast device.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:As I feared, my "ward clerk" calling does not allow me to "Find a Device" in the Group Policy Manager of TM, so I can't add the MAC address of the Chromecast device.
Ask your STS to help you. He doesn't have to be at the meetinghouse. You can be there and activate the Chromecast device. Then when he sees it on the network, he should be able to white list it for you.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

That assumes he is available when I am at the meetinghouse, or that I leave the Chromecast and TV plugged in and turned on all day, or all weekend. I gave up, took the Chromecast home with me, and then sent an email to the STS, who could then do nothing about it. My plan was to determine the MAC address of the Chromecast at my home, send it to the STS, and ask him to enter the MAC address into the Group Policy Manager. Nope. It doesn't work that way. He has to pick the MAC address from a drop-down list of "connected" devices. So the Chromecast must be in that limbo state of connected, but not fully connected, before the STS can see it in the Find a Device list.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”