Gospel Living 1.4 beta

Any discussions around the Gospel Living App on various mobile devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Gospel Living 1.4 beta

Post by sbradshaw »

Version 1.4 of the Gospel Living app is in beta, for anyone who may be interested in joining the beta group:

The iOS beta is available via TestFlight:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/hTa12wLY

The Android beta is available via Google Play:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.lds.liv

Here are the new features in 1.4:
• Circle administrators can now add ward or branch members to an existing circle.
• Users without a membership record number attached to their Church Account can now add it through the app, allowing them to participate in ward circles.
• Several UI improvements, including around creating activities.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
heathsheppard

Re: Gospel Living 1.4 beta

Post by heathsheppard »

Is there a walk-through on how to add additional people to an existing circle.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

heathsheppard wrote:Is there a walk-through on how to add additional people to an existing circle.
  1. Make sure you are on the beta. Follow the instructions in sbradshaw's post before yours to become a beta tester.
  2. Confirm you are using the beta by checking the app icon has the red beta ribbon in it and the version number in the Profile > About section is 1.4.0.
  3. Open (tap) the circle to which you would like to add members. You can only edit the circle if you are an administrator for that circle.
  4. Tap the Membership icon (pair of head and bust outlines in blue with a number to the left).
  5. Tap the Edit icon (blue circle with a pencil in it).
  6. Tap the Add Person icon.
  7. Select the members to add from the list provided or do a search using the search text box.
  8. Tap the check mark once all the members you would like to add have been selected.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

Do you have any idea when v1.4 will be released to the public?
Jeremy 🎶
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jeremynwest wrote:Do you have any idea when v1.4 will be released to the public?
Yes. Immediately following the beta test. [grin]

Seriously, you never know. Barring any serious bugs, it usually happens within a couple of weeks. I have seen apps go to general release more quickly and also more slowly. It depends on a lot of different things.

But I know the developers move things along as quickly as possible, and the features in this version are very highly requested.
heathsheppard

Post by heathsheppard »

JD, the only circle I am an administrator on is my household. I was hoping to add my daughter who is in our stake YSA ward to our family circle, but there is no edit icon showing after I click into the membership icon. Are you not able to add to household?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Currently only ward circles (circles for ward organizations) can be edited, from what I understand, and they only allow adding ward members. So, that would exclude editing of household and stake circles, and it would exclude adding people who aren't in your ward. I think those options will probably come down the road. Also further down the road is the ability to add non-members to circles.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I just saw the v1.4 update come out on iOS yesterday.
Jeremy 🎶

Return to “Gospel Living App”