Clerk setting visibility option on membership

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rshankula

Clerk setting visibility option on membership

Post by rshankula »

I have a member who does not want his information visible on the ward directory, LDS tools, etc.. I know he can set it himself but he does not want to create a log in and has asked that the clerk set it. He is annoyed with the whole process and will not set it himself.

As the ward clerk, how do I set his visibility to private? I have searched and can not locate a support document that is current with the current MLS release.

Short of removing his phone number, how do I set this for him.
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Clerk setting visibility option on membership

Post by russellhltn »

It's in the on-line directory.

Go to https://lds.org/directory, locate his household and on the right hand side, you should see the ability to edit the settings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rshankula

Post by rshankula »

I must be blind because I am not seeing anyway to make it private . I can change it on my own account but not as a ward clerk for a member in the ward.
Can someone please help me out here?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rshankula wrote:I must be blind because I am not seeing anyway to make it private . I can change it on my own account but not as a ward clerk for a member in the ward.
Are you in the on-line directory? I think (since I don't have access) if you go to someone else's household, you have the same edit ability that you have with your own household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rshankula

Post by rshankula »

Haha. I found it. You would think the LCR membership maintenance would provide all the same functionality as the standard ward directory but it doesn’t. It’s not an option through LCR.

Thanks for your help
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rshankula wrote:You would think the LCR membership maintenance would provide all the same functionality as the standard ward directory but it doesn’t.
You'd think. I suspect that because the tool is already available, development effort is being placed elsewhere. Maybe in time that function will migrate to LCR.

Hilohi

Post by Hilohi »

It looks like this functionality is no longer available. When I click on the blue and white pencil icon, I don't see an option that allows me to change the member's phone number to private. Any advice?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Hilohi wrote:It looks like this functionality is no longer available. When I click on the blue and white pencil icon, I don't see an option that allows me to change the member's phone number to private. Any advice?
The only place currently a ward clerk can edit the visibility setting is in Member Tools. There is no capability currently in LCR or the online Directory for a clerk to edit the visibility settings. The online Directory only allows editing visibility settings for your own household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
TPugmire

Post by TPugmire »

It is CRAZY that it is only possible to change the visibility options in the Tools app from a phone (or tablet). This is backwards - it should be available via LCR.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

TPugmire wrote:It is CRAZY that it is only possible to change the visibility options in the Tools app from a phone (or tablet). This is backwards - it should be available via LCR.
Many of us agree. Have you sent feedback on this issue?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”