Resetting PIN in Member Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Resetting PIN in Member Tools

Post by russellhltn »

rrutia wrote:I uninstall the app the reinstalled the app and it keeps asking for the PIN #
I do not have and there is no place to reset it.
What is the solution for this problem?
Have you tried using your device's PIN?

Make sure you're using the most current version.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sylviachristensen

Post by sylviachristensen »

I'm experiencing similar difficulties. My Samsung A50 phone is set so I determine updates. After reading about changes to app allowing prayer roll names to be entered through the app, I updated this morning. I'm the ward RS president, and the app is critical in efficiently fulfilling my calling. This morning, I updated the app, signed in, and it wouldn't take my pin. I restarted my phone. I deleted the app, reinstalled the app, tried again. The pin was correct - it works on my tablet. Just read above posts, tried my device pin. It works. What is going on? Do I now use one pin for my phone and a different one for my tablet. This isn't a good situation for members who depend on the app...
klricks

Post by klricks »

sylviachristensen wrote:I'm experiencing similar difficulties. My Samsung A50 phone is set so I determine updates. After reading about changes to app allowing prayer roll names to be entered through the app, I updated this morning. I'm the ward RS president, and the app is critical in efficiently fulfilling my calling. This morning, I updated the app, signed in, and it wouldn't take my pin. I restarted my phone. I deleted the app, reinstalled the app, tried again. The pin was correct - it works on my tablet. Just read above posts, tried my device pin. It works. What is going on? Do I now use one pin for my phone and a different one for my tablet. This isn't a good situation for members who depend on the app...
Once you have successfully logged in go to settings and create PIN.
The app will now use the new MT app PIN instead of the phone PIN.
Assistant Ward Clerk
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Interesting question: do PINs sync between devices? I doubt it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”