Urgent: Member Tools Repeated Login Requirements

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
kelosh

Urgent: Member Tools Repeated Login Requirements

Post by kelosh »

Am I the only one who is having Member Tools requiring login repeatedly during the week? I have now had to sign in 6 times since last Saturday.

The reason I ask is this created a severe problem while I was at Yellowstone and my Stake was frantically trying to arrange evacuations for families whose houses had burned down. Because the cell reception was spotty I was without a ward directory repeatedly over the course of two days and was forced to frantically call the members whose numbers I DID know and ask them to look up numbers for me. The cell coverage was enough that I could make cell phone calls, but not use internet. That is a completely unacceptable outcome during a disaster.

I don’t know what is going on and the fires are still going so I need a resolution if anyone has one because it is hampering my ability to lead in a crisis.
SeanF

Re: Urgent: Member Tools Repeated Login Requirements

Post by SeanF »

The app is causing this problem for many people on various devices/platforms, especially since the most recent update. No amount of updating my phone or the app or re-installing the app has helped me in any way. I’m sorry I can’t do more than confirm that many of us are sharing your frustration.
kelosh

Post by kelosh »

Gotcha. Thank you!
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

While log-in to the member tools app is required, it does not affect access to the member information stored locally on your device. You can go completely offline and still access member data. If you are in spotty service areas, I recommend you turn off automatic updates so you can force an update when the service is better. However, none of that should make any difference if you have an up-to-date ward list - the list will pull up in airplane mode so it looks like your problem may be something in your device.

I have not seen any issues with my Android 9 device. I wonder if it is something with iOS or other Android versions that doesn't like the newest update.

The best way to get information to the developers is to provide feedback from the app (which will include OS and install information that will help them troubleshoot). Unfortunately, if you cannot get the app to even open, that is a problem. Elsewhere in these forums some emails have been posted to send info to the developers if you cannot use the in-app feedback so you might search for them.
LeAnnAsayDamron

Post by LeAnnAsayDamron »

I'm adding my voice here - I am unable to get into my Tools app. I deleted the app to start over, now it gets stuck in the updating data phase and then eventually kicks me back to the login page. Over and over.
SeanF

Post by SeanF »

LeAnnAsayDamron wrote:I'm adding my voice here - I am unable to get into my Tools app. I deleted the app to start over, now it gets stuck in the updating data phase and then eventually kicks me back to the login page. Over and over.
Yeah just to clarify my situation. Like LeAnn, I can’t escape the log in/sync/fail message/log in loop. I once could go offline, but for the last week I’m trapped!
lauralynoyler

Post by lauralynoyler »

I’m there too LeAnn! I cannot get into my LDS tools either except on rare occasion. I’ve tried deleting the app and adding again. If I get past the log in, it gets to the updating data stage and gets stuck.
I have automatic updates turned on and when I can get into LDS tools, the automatic is off. It asks for my log in info repeatedly after it is entered. A few in my ward I’ve talked with are having same issues
anjenettew

Post by anjenettew »

Mine is asking me to resubmit a password after I already did the normal User Name and Password screen. It won't accept my password and is locking me out.
rkstamm

Post by rkstamm »

Same problem. I deleted and reloaded the app and it keeps asking for credentials after failing to load.
anjenettew

Post by anjenettew »

SOLUTION!! It wasn't Tools that was asking for an additional password. It was my phone. Once I put in my PHONE password the whole thing opened up and I was back in business.

Return to “Member Tools”