Mevo Camera & Liahona WiFi Pop-up

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rklindquist

Mevo Camera & Liahona WiFi Pop-up

Post by rklindquist »

We have successfully been using the Church recommended Mevo camera for live streams with the Church Webcast platform.

It seems that the meetinghouse WiFi has recently been upgraded or updated. When accessing the Liahona WiFi, there is now a pop-up to accept for appropriate use. I don’t recall that being active with the LDSAccess WiFi or even when the Liahona WiFi was originally activated.

The Mevo camera gets an RTMP access error now. I cannot get the RTMP stream to connect to the Church Webcast platform now when using Liahona at the meetinghouse.

I tested the Mevo camera yesterday at home from my WiFi - everything tested fine for an RTMP stream to the Church Webcast platform.

The Mevo support site says that the camera does not support authentication. I’m guessing the pop-up is seen by the camera as authentication and is unable to work with it “popping up”.

I’d rather not have to use Ethernet as that would require a 40 foot cable laying in the walkway in front of the sacrament table and pulpit.

Thoughts or ideas?
Biggles

Re: Mevo Camera & Liahona WiFi Pop-up

Post by Biggles »

Get your STS to identify the Mevo and use the TM Group Policy Manager to set the ‘No Splash’ option. This will stop the splash screen interrupting internet access. The setting is only applicable to that device in each individual building. If the device is being used in other buildings, the No Splash option will need to be applied in each one. Once set you should be good to go for future use.

The STS would/should have been advised that the splash screen was being introduced earlier in the year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Get your STS to identify the Mevo and use the TM Group Policy Manager to set the ‘No Splash’ option.
Note that the STS has to select the device from a list of Mac IDs currently on the system. He can't enter it manually. At least, not any way that I've found.

In order for that to happen, the Mevo has to be active on the WiFi system in that building - not connected, just trying to connect at the time he make the change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rklindquist

Post by rklindquist »

Perfect - thanks to you both!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And to complete the record, the splash screen arrived with the Liahona Wi-Fi SSID earlier in the year. Most did not notice since we were not in church at the time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:And to complete the record, the splash screen arrived with the Liahona Wi-Fi SSID earlier in the year. Most did not notice since we were not in church at the time.
Or continued to use LDS Access as the phones were already set up for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:
lajackson wrote:And to complete the record, the splash screen arrived with the Liahona Wi-Fi SSID earlier in the year. Most did not notice since we were not in church at the time.
Or continued to use LDS Access as the phones were already set up for that.
For a week, maybe. In our buildings, Liahona arrived one week and LDS Access was gone within the week.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

Also - one note on this, when it comes to Iphones, with the arrival if iOS 14 - now your Apples Device generates a new MAC Address for every wifi network it encounters. If you have turned off the splash screen for your own personal iphone, you will want to turn off this feature or you will start seeing splash screens again. This feature is called "Private Address" and you will find it burried in yours settings for each SID network that your phone remembers.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”