Church Webcast - Weekly Recurring Event & Other Updates

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Church Webcast - Weekly Recurring Event & Other Updates

Post by bartj »

An update was pushed to the Church's webcast system October 27, 2020. This update includes the following:

- Weekly Recurring Event Scheduling
IMPORTANT: The RTMP URL and stream key will continue to change after every event, including events that are set to recur. We are working on a static encoder RTMP URL and stream solution and hope to deploy it by the end of November 2020.

- Region Changes – elimination of East US 2 and Japan East regions.

- Large Event – elimination of this toggle.

- Low Bandwidth Broadcast – elimination of this toggle.

The attached PDF has additional information on these changes.
Attachments
October 27, 2020 Webcast Release.pdf
(759.58 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
mikevandre

Re: Church Webcast - Weekly Recurring Event & Other Updates

Post by mikevandre »

Thank you. This makes things alot simpler for virtual sacrament meeting broadcasts. I appreciate you working on the static RTMP URL as well. That will allow me to always have my phone ready to go as a backup in case the encoder goes down.
johndcastro

Post by johndcastro »

This is a great addition and thanks for making it happen. If you are taking suggestion may I suggest a pause/cut the stream from the webcast controller for those that need to pause for Sacrament (I have 9 wards in three buildings that all the bishops felt it was too weird to do it at the end).

Thanks.
hicksticks2001

Post by hicksticks2001 »

This is huge - thank you! Not only does this save time - but it cuts down in stupid mistakes I have made because of all the manual data entry in setting up each ward each week. We'll let you know how it goes.
-Aaron Hixson
Payson Utah Mountain View Stake
aaron@hixsonfamily.net
davidpurser

Post by davidpurser »

Superb! This will make things a bit easier for us. Looking forward to the static URL. Thank you.
bretep

Post by bretep »

bartj wrote: - Weekly Recurring Event Scheduling
IMPORTANT: The RTMP URL and stream key will continue to change after every event, including events that are set to recur. We are working on a static encoder RTMP URL and stream solution and hope to deploy it by the end of November 2020.
Bart, this is just removed the last weekly thing we had to do for broadcasting 13 wards in our stake every week. Thank you! It's not 100% automated and I get 45 minutes back every week.
brad_p

Post by brad_p »

How do recurring events handle attendance? Currently I turn a screenshot of the page into a PDF and send that to all bishops and ward clerks for their attendance totals. If these are recurring events, do we have an easy way to determine differences between login days?
bretep

Post by bretep »

bretep wrote:
bartj wrote: - Weekly Recurring Event Scheduling
Bart, this is just removed the last weekly thing we had to do for broadcasting 13 wards in our stake every week. Thank you! It's not 100% automated and I get 45 minutes back every week.
I really wish we could edit these things... It is NOW 100% automated! (Setting up and broadcasting the meetings) :)

Also, I second bradpeterson's concern about attendance. The ward clerks and bishoprics would like weekly statistics. This would be an awesome thing to automate as well.

Thank you!
whiteout7942

Post by whiteout7942 »

So the last coupe weeks have been working well I just schedule the events prior and we hit the red "Stream" button on the encoder unit. With this new update and the important notice with the URL changing, does that mean I need to go into the encoder and set a new link prior to each event now? What does the impact of that statement mean? Sorry I am new here so trying to make sure I won't have an issue tomorrow morning.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

whiteout7942 wrote:So the last coupe weeks have been working well I just schedule the events prior and we hit the red "Stream" button on the encoder unit. With this new update and the important notice with the URL changing, does that mean I need to go into the encoder and set a new link prior to each event now?
The URL has always changed for every meeting. If your encoder gets that automatically, then there's no change.

If you're having to put in the URL each week, you'll have to keep doing that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”