Scripture Page Blanks Out While Selecting Text

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
CranneyCD

Scripture Page Blanks Out While Selecting Text

Post by CranneyCD »

In Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on my MacBook Pro (all the latest updates), nearly always when I select text, the page goes blank. Then I have to migrate back to the page. But it does it again while selecting text. Thoughts?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 5.06.28 AM.png
(273.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
chrisgrant

Re: Scripture Page Blanks Out While Selecting Text

Post by chrisgrant »

It's happening to me this evening, too. Safari 13.1.1.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Yes, that's a problem that's been happening for several weeks for me. It doesn't always happen. I've tried some different web browsers on a Mac. I should probably try clearing cookies, etc. to see if it makes anything better.
jmascis24

Post by jmascis24 »

happens to me too. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I cleared my history and cookies and it still does it. Interestingly enough, if I highlight something at the top of a chapter, it works. And then if I keep highlighting a word every few verses all the way down the chapter, it seems to work. But I can never get the last few verses...it just loads that page from the screenshot above. It's a weird thing. I'm on Safari 13.1.1 as well.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I've been experiencing it as well, intermittently, for the last couple of weeks. Usually after reloading the page it will work, but as jmascis24 said, it does seem to be more reproduceable with verses at the bottom of the page. It actually appears to be an issue if you're scrolled to the bottom of the page. Today I was trying to highlight in Ether 6. I found that if I highlighted v. 25 while 28-30 were off the bottom of the page it worked, but if I scrolled all the way to the bottom and then highlighted v. 25 I get a react error in the console:
Error: Minified React error #185; visit https://reactjs.org/docs/error-decoder. ... ariant=185 for the full message or use the non-minified dev environment for full errors and additional helpful warnings.
at Vc (react-dom.production.min.js:230)
at Object.enqueueSetState (react-dom.production.min.js:132)
at ke.O.setState (react.production.min.js:12)
at ke.adjustPosition (SelectionContextMenu.js:156)
at ke.componentDidUpdate (SelectionContextMenu.js:132)
at rc (react-dom.production.min.js:212)
at fl (react-dom.production.min.js:255)
at t.unstable_runWithPriority (scheduler.production.min.js:19)
at Uo (react-dom.production.min.js:122)
at sl (react-dom.production.min.js:248)
JimSabey

Post by JimSabey »

Exact same thing is happening to me in Windows 10, but not on my Samsung phone. Is anyone working on a fix for this?
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

I got a response from reporting the issue which said it is a known issue and it's being worked on, but no timetable for a fix.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”