Church Webcast Portal Feature question

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
bphilli7

Church Webcast Portal Feature question

Post by bphilli7 »

If I schedule a webcast, it shows up in the list of “Events” page for my stake found at “mywebcast.churchofjesuschrist.org”.

Am I the only one who would like to “hide” events from being on that list?

At the least, I would like the option to hide my test events. We also have stake conference coming up and I would like to hide the regular recurring Sunday broadcasts for each wards sacrament meeting until stake conference is past.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Webcast Portal Feature question

Post by russellhltn »

Just set the event to "private" when you create it.

Note: Editing an event may change the upload link and/or the meeting code. Be sure to check that after making any changes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bphilli7

Post by bphilli7 »

russellhltn wrote:Just set the event to "private" when you create it.

Note: Editing an event may change the upload link and/or the meeting code. Be sure to check that after making any changes.
The stake events list shows all public and private events. Setting an event to “private” still shows it in the list. I would like the ability to not list it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It used to hide them. Now it shows, but indicates a church account is required to view it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:It used to hide them. Now it shows, but indicates a church account is required to view it.
I noticed that too and I personally think it's a big step backwards. I don't necessarily want all my test events visible to the stake. Also, when the time comes that we go back to doing simple building-to-building webcasts for stake conferences, my stake president has already let me know that he only wants a select few individuals to have the link for viewing and does NOT want it made available to the general stake membership. This takes away the ability for me to control that.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:Also, when the time comes that we go back to doing simple building-to-building webcasts for stake conferences, my stake president has already let me know that he only wants a select few individuals to have the link for viewing and does NOT want it made available to the general stake membership.
We'll have to cross that bridge when we get to it. I have a feeling that we will not be going completely back to the old normal. That's supported by various comments I've heard and others that have been mentioned 3rd hand.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:Also, when the time comes that we go back to doing simple building-to-building webcasts for stake conferences, my stake president has already let me know that he only wants a select few individuals to have the link for viewing and does NOT want it made available to the general stake membership. This takes away the ability for me to control that.
While it seems that the event now will appear on the stake webcast list page, by making it a private event, members will not be able to click on it and watch it. They will have to know the event code which does not appear on the webcast page.

Granted, it is better not to advertize in the first place. Now members will know there is a webcast, even though you will have to tell them you cannot give them the event number.

If would be nice if they added a "do not display on the pick list" toggle when setting up a private event.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:They will have to know the event code which does not appear on the webcast page.
Ahh, that part I didn't know until I just now tried it. That makes it acceptable for a stake conference.

Amazing what I learn in this forum that the documentation doesn't quite cover.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:Amazing what I learn in this forum that the documentation doesn't quite cover.
Documentation? There is documentation?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”