Highlighting scriptures not working

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
musicrocksgbv

Highlighting scriptures not working

Postby musicrocksgbv » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:33 pm

Reading in the D&C for a class, whenever I try to highlight text in the lower part of the sections on the webpage (not mobile), it loads the screen to look like it has no text, just the header and footer of the website. This has been going for a few weeks now.

See attachment for example.
Attachments
FaultyLDSorgWebsiteHighlighting.JPG
(65.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Highlighting scriptures not working

Postby jdlessley » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:20 pm

I am not seeing the issue on my Windows 10 computer using the Firefox web browser. Could you provide some information about your operating system and the browser you are using? You may also want to use the Feedback link found in the footer of the page to get the issue to the development team.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

musicrocksgbv

Postby musicrocksgbv » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Using Google Chrome (86.0.4240.193) and on Windows 10 Home OS.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 pm

I tried Chrome and didn't have any issues.

Based on that I recommend clearing your browser cache and cookies and try again. You may also have some add-ons that may be contributing to the issue. Try disabling them all, try again, and see what happens. Then enable each add-on one by one while trying to replicate the issue after each one is enabled.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

mstauff

Postby mstauff » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:06 am

This was being discussed in another thread as well. I reported it and the response was it is a known issue and it's scheduled to be fixed, but no timetable. For me it was completely reproducible if I scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and then highlight anything. As a workaround I found scrolling back up (doesn't have to be much, just as long as you're not completely at the bottom - you can usually still see all the text) allowed me to select w/o blanking out the screen.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”