New website Music -- LDS Hymns -- but no hymn numbers shown

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
ljosbon

New website Music -- LDS Hymns -- but no hymn numbers shown

Post by ljosbon »

Hi All,

As we know from time to time the Church updates the website and it's interface, etc. I noticed a recent change to the Hymns section where you used to be able to open it up and scroll down the Hymns and see the Hymn number. Seeing the Hymn number was very useful in my study and use with my study notes.

Now, the new interface takes you too a more elaborate selection but "Sans" the hymn numbers. How frustrating!!! It would be easy to list the hymn numbers along with the other content. Perhaps this was an oversight and the hymns are in the proper order of the numbering just -- no numbering

Am I missing something or is a fix in the works?

Sincerely,
ljosbon
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: New website Music -- LDS Hymns -- but no hymn numbers shown

Post by Mikerowaved »

Wow, that is a step backwards. The only search box is to select a "Topic". Can't search by name or number. Of course, the name can be searched using a browser's CTRL-F function, but not by number.

Another oddity (as you mentioned) is the hymns appear to be sorted by number, but it allows you to re-sort them by "Title" (alphabetically) or "Topic". However, without the topics being listed with the hymns, you can't determine what the topics are or where one topic stops and another starts. You also can't re-sort them by number unless you refresh the screen. :?

The only thing that comes to mind is this might be in preparation for the new hymn book roll out, but in the meantime I agree it should be made more useful than it is.

[Edit:] If you know where to go, the old hymn pages are still there. For example, on this page they're sorted by number with other sort options on the right.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think they're doing A/B testing. If you get the new experience, be sure to use the Feedback link on the right side of the page.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I noticed that change last week when I was grabbing PDFs of our Sacrament meeting hymns to present to those watching from home. I had a little panic attack.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
ljosbon

Post by ljosbon »

HI all,

I did after I made my first post find that you can leave feedback and I did. Hopefully someone will see it. It would be easy to put the numbers there. I keep track of the numbers in my notes as I review hymns in order as I do my daily personal scripture study. It just makes it easy but crucial to have the numbers on the hymns.

ljosbon

Return to “Main Church Website”