Entire Website Down?

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Entire Website Down?

Post by lajackson »

gaylevehar wrote:The main [church] website has been down for me since November 20th.
The website has not been down all that time. I would suggest that you clear your cache and cookies and try again, or change browsers. If you still are not able to access the site, visit with your clerk and ask him to help you.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

The Daily Messages site was recently taken down. We stopped posting to it several years ago.

We encourage people to use the following:

ChurchofJesusChrist.org and click Living Life and then Inspiration

Gospel Living app

Sign up for the News and Inspiration newsletter at https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/subscriptions
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

richmanll wrote:The Daily Messages site was recently taken down. We stopped posting to it several years ago.

ChurchofJesusChrist.org and click Living Life and then Inspiration

Gospel Living app

Sign up for the News and Inspiration newsletter at https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/subscriptions
I'm a bit disappointed. One thing about the Daily Messages site was it was a text quote which included the link to the conference talk. This makes it easy to snag a quick thought which works in multiple scenarios (especially with those in our ward who are not into the latest audio-visual technology). The fact that there were no recent posts doesn't negate the value of the older ones and I was stepping through them for a weekly "thought to ponder" on our ward Facebook page. I liked that it was static so there was not a risk of me re-posting something I shared several months previous (I was up to about page 14 on the Daily Messages site). It gave a short thought with the link to more in-depth study for those who were interested. It was perfect for my needs.

Oh, well. As they say, all good things come to an end and I'll delete my shortcut that worked so well for me. Thanks for letting me know, though. I have looked at the suggested link and don't find it useful for my purposes at all.
richmanll
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by richmanll »

Regarding the Daily Messages (previously known as LDS Gems) site being down. Note that it was recently discontinued. We stopped posting to it several years ago.

* ChurchofJesusChrist.org and click Living Life and then Inspiration

* Gospel Living app

* Sign up for the News and Inspiration newsletter at https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/subscriptions
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

davesudweeks wrote:I'm a bit disappointed. One thing about the Daily Messages site was it was a text quote which included the link to the conference talk. This makes it easy to snag a quick thought which works in multiple scenarios (especially with those in our ward who are not into the latest audio-visual technology). The fact that there were no recent posts doesn't negate the value of the older ones and I was stepping through them for a weekly "thought to ponder" on our ward Facebook page. I liked that it was static so there was not a risk of me re-posting something I shared several months previous (I was up to about page 14 on the Daily Messages site). It gave a short thought with the link to more in-depth study for those who were interested. It was perfect for my needs.
Archive.org has a snapshot of it if it's helpful, but unfortunately I couldn't get to page 14. :(
https://web.archive.org/web/20201108161 ... s?lang=eng
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:Archive.org has a snapshot of it if it's helpful, but unfortunately I couldn't get to page 14. :(
https://web.archive.org/web/20201108161 ... s?lang=eng
Thanks for the suggestion. But, with the daily messages site down, I have stopped posting uplifting thoughts to the ward Facebook page. It just takes too much time to look for something and then check to make sure it has not been posted previously with the new pages.

When I was deployed to the Persian Gulf a few years ago, the Serviceman's Branch Facebook page was the only church presence available to some members down-range (I served as branch clerk). On more than one occasion, individuals thanked me for the weekly spiritual uplift that the Daily Messages pages allowed me to conveniently provide. In their situation, they were often the only church member in their unit so there were no meetings - only personal study. They could not get to the main church web pages but they could get to social media. Of course, this was before the Gospel Living app was available so times have changed.
lorhirath1

Post by lorhirath1 »

I can't search anything on this website for a couple weeks using firefox and opera web browsers. I can click links on the website but not get to my own searches. For example, I can enter a search and when i click the link I get the internal server error. I can't even get to the server from an outside search using a link in google search.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lorhirath1 wrote:I can't search anything on this website for a couple weeks using firefox and opera web browsers. I can click links on the website but not get to my own searches. For example, I can enter a search and when i click the link I get the internal server error. I can't even get to the server from an outside search using a link in google search.
I'd suggest trying incognito mode. If that works, then you need to clear the cookies associated with the church website. For some reason, the website has problems with stale cookies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Main Church Website”