No contact info when offline

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
robartsd

No contact info when offline

Post by robartsd »

I recently found that I can't see contact information for members of my ward in Member Tools when offline. This was not the case previously (seems the change came with an update that asks for fingerprint authentication every time I switch to the app). I do not have an unlimited cellular data plan, so lack of offline access to contact information makes Member Tools MUCH less useful to me. Now I have to revert to copying contact info to my personal contacts.
eblood66

Re: No contact info when offline

Post by eblood66 »

You're right. I'm seeing the same thing when I put it in airplane mode. It feels like a bug to me. If it were intentional then I would think they would put in some message indicating it can't access the information rather than just having a blank screen. I'm guessing that an error trying to show the google map or photo is causing it to skip the rest of the page render.

I'd send feedback to the development team using the Contact Us option on the Help menu.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on Android? (I'm not seeing this on the iOS app.)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I see this behavior on my Android. I can see the names off-line, but when I drill down to the contact information - it's blank.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Yes, I'm on Android.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Android. I can confirm the error.

It seems to be only the Contact tab, however. I can go to Household, Callings and Classes, Ministering and see everything.

Also, when you click on an individual in the Household menu, it takes you to their individual Contact tab, which is also blank. For an individual, the other tabs (Household, Membership) seem to display properly.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The dev team is working on it.

Return to “Member Tools”