Teradek Auto Configure

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
davidry

Re: Teradek Auto Configure

Post by davidry »

During the sacrament I have a google slide presentation running on a loop with pictures of Jesus and Sacrament in process at the bottom and unplug the sound. Saves starting and stopping the stream.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Coming back late. I finally remembered to get the config file sent to the Teradek.

Code: Select all

<teradek_encoder>
<encode>
<video>
<quality>Custom</quality>
<custom_resolution>720</custom_resolution>
<custom_bitrate>1250000</custom_bitrate>
<aspect>auto</aspect>
<frame_rate_fraction>full</frame_rate_fraction>
</video>
<audio>
<quality>Custom</quality>
<custom_bitrate>48000</custom_bitrate>
</audio>
</encode>
<output>
<rtmp>
<url>rtmp://MHW-40-125435.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com/169P</url>
<stream>4da11400c87246a9c</stream>
<adaptive_bitrate>0</adaptive_bitrate>
<auto_reconnect>1</auto_reconnect>
<auto_start_broadcast>1</auto_start_broadcast>
</rtmp>
</output>
</teradek_encoder>
As you can see, there's nothing in there for setting the start time, end time, or duration. It's only for telling the encoder where to upload the stream.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
srgibbs99

Post by srgibbs99 »

I noticed an update coming to the webcast portal (an alert notification after logging ) that talked about a new feature relating to static stream names. Might this help if we only have to setup the stream name once on the teradek? Or will that not matter for auto starting the stream?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

srgibbs99 wrote:I noticed an update coming to the webcast portal (an alert notification after logging ) that talked about a new feature relating to static stream names. Might this help if we only have to setup the stream name once on the teradek? Or will that not matter for auto starting the stream?
If you're using automation to allow the Teradek to get the information, I don't think this will make a difference. Where it will help is those using other devices.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

srgibbs99 wrote:I noticed an update coming to the webcast portal (an alert notification after logging ) that talked about a new feature relating to static stream names. Might this help if we only have to setup the stream name once on the teradek? Or will that not matter for auto starting the stream?
If you are already able to use autoconfigure then this will not make a difference. If you have to manually go into the Teradek VidiU each time and enter the RTMP and Streaming codes, this will benefit you greatly, because with a repeating event, the codes will no longer change each time.

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”