Linking Scriptures to a Single Note

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
seanfranklinlarsen

Linking Scriptures to a Single Note

Post by seanfranklinlarsen »

Currently when I mark a scripture, I can write a note, tag the scripture, assign it to a notebook, and add links to other scriptures.
When I do research, I might prepare a note that is quite extensive. It may even be used for a talk in sacrament meeting.
But link a note to one scripture. So if the note involves multiple scriptures, I can link other scriptures to a scripture with that note.
However, I would like to be able to link the scripture to a note. Enter the note once, link scriptures to that note.
Then when I go to those scriptures, the note is already there. No need to write multiple copies of the same note.

There are also features on the App that aren't available online. I tend to study scriptures with my phone app and my laptop with multiple windows open.
I would like them to all have the same features.
BrandonCMcBride

Re: Linking Scriptures to a Single Note

Post by BrandonCMcBride »

I know exactly what you're talking about! So far I haven't found a way around this. I really wish the app would at least recognize scriptures and talk references as I type them into a note from a talk or devotional so that I can go back and click on the references.
BuddyHarrison

Post by BuddyHarrison »

I 2nd the motion. I would like to do the same thing; Highlight only certain things in a scripture (not just contiguous text) and also certain things in the following scriptures all tied to one note. i.e. as if it was one scripture note.
Last edited by BuddyHarrison on Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

BuddyHarrison wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:46 pm I 2nd the motion. I would like to do the same thing; Highlight only certain things in a scripture (not just contiguous text) and also certain things in the following scriptures all tied to one note. i.e. as if it was one scripture note.
FYI, any good suggestions like yours made here in the Forum, are unlikely to reach the Church groups responsible for consider potential changes. The Forum is primarily user-to-user discussion and self-help. If you submit your thoughts using the Feedback link found at the bottom of church webpages, or inside the Church apps, that will get the feedback into the Church's system for consideration.

If you do submit feedback, feel free to include a link to this Forum discussion thread, since that hopefully can provide context to your suggestion.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”