Screen sharing / remote viewing for FHC Computers

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
BEWilson

Screen sharing / remote viewing for FHC Computers

Post by BEWilson »

Hello,

I am the STS for our Stake and was asked a question regarding FHC computers. As they are working to social distance the coordinators would like to know if there is an approved software that could be used to allow them to jump into a desktop via screen share and where needed, take control, in order to guide someone through Family Search or other items as needed? I know of several free software that could be used but am not sure if they are allowed to be installed. Can anyone provide any thought on this? Also, any suggestions for the best software to use?

Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Screen sharing / remote viewing for FHC Computers

Post by russellhltn »

If you're trying to screen share a FHC computer, I don't know if there's any approved software for that or if it's even allowed.

I know when the church approached TeamViewer about using their free software for supporting clerk computers, they were told "absolutely not".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Family History”