Priesthood Lessons (47 in the JS manual)

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Maybe I already mentioned it earlier in this thread, but what has worked well for our elders quorum is to double up on the fourth Sunday if a ward conference or other event preempted the regular second or third Sunday lesson from the book. As a counselor, I teach the fourth Sunday and (with quorum president approval) cover the highlights of the book chapter that was missed plus the highlights of the conference talks scheduled for the fourth Sunday of that month. That has the advantages of covering all book chapters in order (or almost in order) without missing any. A few years ago, in response to a suggestion I sent in, someone from the curriculum department said their recommendation was to cover the chapters in order.
TinMan

Just bumping

Post by TinMan »

Just bumping thread to see if the information is still correct: Priesthood and RS lessons must be entered by the Stake. Correct?
dmaynes

Post by dmaynes »

TinMan wrote:Just bumping thread to see if the information is still correct: Priesthood and RS lessons must be entered by the Stake. Correct?
That's correct. The LUWS software does not currently allows the wards to override the stake schedule for the Priesthood and RS lessons.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Okie Dokie. Thanks
terrysackett

Why?

Post by terrysackett »

Why does the stake have to enter those lessons? The wards in my stake don't have ward conference all on the same day, obviously, so we inevitably get out of sync every February or March. Additionally, we all have different fourth Sunday conference address lessons, and it would be really nice to be able to put them on the lesson schedule, instead of the ward online calendar.

Oops! Sorry, I just realized that I have asked these questions before. Nevermind.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SR Ward Clerk wrote:Why does the stake have to enter those lessons? The wards in my stake don't have ward conference all on the same day, obviously, so we inevitably get out of sync every February or March. Additionally, we all have different fourth Sunday conference address lessons, and it would be really nice to be able to put them on the lesson schedule, instead of the ward online calendar.
To refresh your memory, you already asked this question in April (see your post) in this very thread, and the question was answered, with links to an additional thread. You might want to review that helpful information.
terrysackett

Post by terrysackett »

Alan_Brown wrote:To refresh your memory, you already asked this question in April (see your post) in this very thread, and the question was answered, with links to an additional thread. You might want to review that helpful information.

Thanks, I remembered that after I posted it. That's why I added the last line to my post, because I could not find how to delete it. :o

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”