LDS desktop website -- All Notes Disappeard

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
ljosbon

LDS desktop website -- All Notes Disappeard

Post by ljosbon »

Hi everyone,

I noticed on my windows desktop accessing LDS.org via the internet that zero of my notes are appearing. This happened only today December 4th. I tried two browsers Firefox and Chrome and it seems to be at the LDS site.

I can still acccess all my notes on IOS and Android. I have an Iphone and older Galaxy S10 device I still use as a small internet device. On both the Gospel Library apps in those formats the notes do appear.

Perhaps this is a temporary glich. I will check again tomorrow but has anyone else had this problem? I look forward to comments and or suggestions.

Thanks,
ljosbon
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS desktop website -- All Notes Disappeard

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you signed in on the website with the same Church Account you're using in the apps? You could try clearing your cookies for the Church website (though, the fact that you tried two different browsers makes it less likely that cookies are the problem).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
ljosbon

Post by ljosbon »

Hi Samuel,

Oddly enough. I just logged in again and my notes returned. I am not sure what happened. I did not do any change (clearing or otherwise) to the cookies. My note done on the Android device this morning did not sync up yet but I can copy and paste that if I need to.

So it appears all is well.

Thank you for your reply.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I've noticed several authentication issues on the church website since they've been experimenting with identity management solutions. The church had changed to ForgeRock, but now I see Okta in the URL, so I don't know what they're doing.

When the church put in ForgeRock, I noticed that I usually had to log in and then press the Sign In button again in order to really be signed in. Recently I noticed that I no longer have to sign in twice in order to be signed in, but that signing in is less reliable. The site thinks I'm signed in (it shows my name in the upper-right corner), but several times I don't see everything unless I specifically sign in on a given page. For example, sometimes when I'm already signed in, I still need to sign in again to see the Ward Directory.

What I've noticed with the web-based Gospel Library is that my annotations do not appear, even though I am signed in (per my name appearing in the upper-right of the page). If I want my annotations to appear, I need to highlight some text on a page. Then something appears asking me to sign in. I press the Sign In button. I don't remember if that's enough for me to be signed in or if I actually need to enter my credentials again, or if if varies. So, I recommend if you see the problem again to highlight some text on the page and see if you get a prompt to log in or if it thinks you are logged in.
caballeroc

Post by caballeroc »

I am having the same issue described by mevans in his Mon Dec 7 post. I found the same solution, and that was working fine, but now after 10-12 tries it won't allow me to add notes and continues to indicate that I need to sign in to adda note, even though at the top right of the page it shows my name as I already signed in. My notes show on my iPhone 8, but I can't see them or add to them from my MacBook Air.
caballeroc

Post by caballeroc »

I found that although I had the same issue with not being able to access my notes, or get the website to recognize me as signed in, when I was using Chrome, it did work correctly for me in Safari.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Anytime you have a website issue with a church website, I'd suggest testing in incognito mode. Church websites seem to have a number of problems with old cookies and this is a quick way to test that.

If incognito works, then clear all the cookies associated with church websites.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”