Syncronizing website with MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kcushing wrote:1) Does anyone know if the preferred names will be syncronized in the future?
Maybe. But don't plan on it until it happens.

kcushing wrote:2) If you put a temporary membership in MLS, will it show in the online directory?
I think so - as long as they are listed as being a member. Non-members don't show up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jwtaber

Post by jwtaber »

RussellHltn wrote:I think so - as long as they are listed as being a member. Non-members don't show up.

Not in the one case in my stake. Here the YSA branch has its president and first counselor listed as members in MLS locally, while their records are in their own units. Neither of them is in the directory on the YSA branch's website.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So I take it that out-of-unit Members aren't showing up?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JTaber wrote:Not in the one case in my stake. Here the YSA branch has its president and first counselor listed as members in MLS locally, while their records are in their own units. Neither of them is in the directory on the YSA branch's website.

There is a different mechanism for having out-of-unit members show up on the unit website. Simply adding them to MLS as out-of-unit members will have no effect on the unit website.

The stake website administrator has to add them as "Non-resident Members" to the stake web site (he specifies what ward/branch they are to be part of). Then they can access the YSA branch website, be added to the Leadership Directory, etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Alan_Brown wrote:The stake website administrator has to add them as "Non-resident Members" to the stake web site (he specifies what ward/branch they are to be part of). Then they can access the YSA branch website, be added to the Leadership Directory, etc.
Would they then show up in the Membership Directory?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Would they then show up in the Membership Directory?

Yes, they would.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”