Getting 400 error on Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
macadameane

Getting 400 error on Calendar

Post by macadameane »

Site will redirect to allow for login, but I'm unable to load the calendar upon returning. See attachment for network requst information.
Capture.PNG
(59.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet
UPDATE:
It appears to work fine if I use MS Edge. In fact, the whole site is much faster in Edge (very unusual). I am using Chrome Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Getting 400 error on Calendar

Post by russellhltn »

macadameane wrote:It appears to work fine if I use MS Edge.
I'd try incognito mode. Church websites have a real problem with stale cookies.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
macadameane

Re: Getting 400 error on Calendar

Post by macadameane »

russellhltn wrote:
macadameane wrote:It appears to work fine if I use MS Edge.
I'd try incognito mode. Church websites have a real problem with stale cookies.
You were right, incognito worked. I returned to my normal browser and went to the application tab and deleted all my site cookies. Yuck. I'm a developer, and this is pretty atrocious. I've run into similar issue in a development environment with the application getting constantly reinstalled, but it would never happen in production. Most people wouldn't know how to fix this.

I'm sure it's related to the handshake with the authenticator. When I deleted the cookies, I watched on the refresh. When it redirected to authenticate, the cookies all popped back in and it took me straight to the calendar.

Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”