Importing Member Data

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tavarishch

Importing Member Data

Post by tavarishch »

I need to use MLS at home because we cannot use the church building for now. I have installed the program on to my computer but it doesn't have any member information, meaning my login is not associated with any member in the unit. I saw in another place on this forum that that membership data needs to come from the church. How do I go about requesting that information so that we can resume using MLS?

Thanks,
Dan Litster (Beijing 1st Branch)
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Importing Member Data

Post by jdlessley »

"Installing MLS software on home computers is prohibited." See the online Help Center article Meetinghouse Technology Policy, 4.7 - MLS Software. Only one computer is designated by software code to run MLS for a unit. The good news is that most of what can be done on MLS can be done online in Leader and Clerk Resources (LCR).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
tavarishch

Post by tavarishch »

OK, thanks for the reply. The stuff we need it for can't be done through LCR yet, so I guess it will just have to wait until such time as we can resume meetings.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Unless there are limitations on LCR in China the only thing in MLS that isn't in LCR is processing donations. Everything else can now be done in LCR. So if you need to process donations then you're correct but if you need something else I'd post what you need and someone may be able to help you on how to do it in LCR.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”