Missionaries Area Book App NOT properly updating the Missionary Progress Record

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
rontilby

Missionaries Area Book App NOT properly updating the Missionary Progress Record

Post by rontilby »

13 months ago, I opened a support incident with CHQ-MSS-PRODUCT MANAGEMENT-PROSELYTING regarding some people showing on the "Missionary Progress Record" report in LCR that nobody (Full-Time Missionaries, Mission Office, Ward Mission Leader, Ward Clerk, Clerk Support at CHQ) could remove from the report. There has been no visible progress - the erroneous entries still show on the report.

Today, I spoke with one of the Full-Time Elders assigned to my ward, and he reported that NONE of the areas where he has served had "Missionary Progress Record" reports that agreed with what was in their "Area Book" app. Another Elder that I recently spoke with reported that he has seen cases where investigator church attendance was updated in their Area Book App, but the "Missionary Progress Record" never showed the updated information. This elevates my suspicion that my experience is not an isolated incident.

If users on this forum can confirm that "Missionary Progress Record" reports are not synchronizing properly from the Full-Time Missionaries' "Area Book" app, then perhaps CHQ-MSS-PRODUCT MANAGEMENT-PROSELYTING would realize the severity of the issue and fix their software.
mackayr

Re: Missionaries Area Book App NOT properly updating the Missionary Progress Record

Post by mackayr »

I can confirm that it's not updating correctly in our Ward as well. We only see one individual, whereas the missionaries have several that they're working with.
davesudweeks

Re: Missionaries Area Book App NOT properly updating the Missionary Progress Record

Post by davesudweeks »

It is updating correctly in our ward. I see an investigator that was visited today by our full time missionaries and the visit is recorded. I'm not saying yours is not updating, but I wonder if it is something on the missionary side in your mission. There is little chance anyone with any authority will see your issue on this user-to-user mutual help forum. I recommend you ask your missionaries to request the mission office check into it through their official support channels.

For member tools, the official support channel is to provide feedback from within the app. You may not receive an individualized response, but I understand that feedback is read and forwarded to those who direct the small development team's priorities.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

By any chance, are the missionaries assigned to more than one ward? If so, their app may be set to the other ward and not yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Enosomorogbe

Post by Enosomorogbe »

areabookkk isnt working.... ahhh.. it feels like the great apostacy of areabook..... i miss it....
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Amazon Web Services had a little thing today that affected Area Book and a lot of other Church applications.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”