Temple Clearance Letter

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
ajtrista

Temple Clearance Letter

Post by ajtrista »

Last June my husband talked with our Bishop and Stake President and got the process for his temple clearance letter going. We haven't heard anything for a while. It was last summer we heard it was in the hands of the First Presidency. Is there a way for us to check on this? I'm worried it got lost or something. It would be nice to get some sort of update. We are very anxious to go through the temple!
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Temple Clearance Letter

Post by scgallafent »

Has your husband asked the bishop or stake president about the status?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

I have heard that these clearance letters often seem to take longer than what "we expect" for them to get through the process. I do believe the Stake President is able to do some kind of query to ascertain the status. I don't believe that I've ever found that a clearance letter has "gotten lost", or that it was sent back to the Stake President for further details but it's waiting for months on the Stake President's (virtual) desk. It always seems to be that it's still waiting on the First Presidency to approve. But I understand your desires, and I do think it's the right thing to ask for your Stake President to get a bit of info on where things are at.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BrianEdwards wrote:I have heard that these clearance letters often seem to take longer than what "we expect" for them to get through the process. I do believe the Stake President is able to do some kind of query to ascertain the status.
A stake president will be able to determine that the request was received by Church headquarters. He will also be able to get a feeling for how long they take to process "on average".

When I was more actively involved in these things, it was taking up to two years for them to be approved. That it often happens within a few months is a schedule with which I was never really acquainted.

Return to “General Discussions”