Liahona Schedule not working

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
tian.hsi

Post by tian.hsi »

Hi All,

I met a challenge to set up Liahona SSID schedule. It is strange that Liahona SSID will be disabled when I enable Liahona schedule function.
I did contact GSC through Servicenow, and they tried to resovle the issue. After I got the reply, issue resovled, Liahona SSID can be kept enable about few minutes while the schedule function turns on now.
After that, the SSID is disabled automatically.
What can I do to figure it out?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Leave Wi-Fi on during broadcasts?

Post by russellhltn »

What is the schedule set to and what time/date was this happening?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tian.hsi

Post by tian.hsi »

This is the schedule I set up
Attachments
Liahona Schedule screenshot.jpg
(259.07 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Best Regards,
Albert
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What time did you try and switch this on?

I'm wondering if they're miscalculating your time zone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tian.hsi

Post by tian.hsi »

russellhltn wrote:What is the schedule set to and what time/date was this happening?
The enclosed is the change log and the schedule. Interesting is that, now, it will be off-line on the schedule; however, it cannot be enabled automatically,
Attachments
Chungli Meeting House change log.jpg
(141.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Liahona Schedule screenshot_cannot enable automatically.jpg
(167.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Best Regards,
Albert
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The turn off at 6PM looks right, but not sure why it turned off at 7AM

I notice that you're in Taipei Standard Time (UTC+8), while much programing is done in Utah time (UTC-7 for standard time). Add them together, that's 15 hours. 7AM Taipei time is 10PM MDT which coincides with the turn-off time set for Sunday (as well as Tuesday).

tian.hsi

Post by tian.hsi »

russellhltn wrote:The turn off at 6PM looks right, but not sure why it turned off at 7AM

I notice that you're in Taipei Standard Time (UTC+8), while much programing is done in Utah time (UTC-7 for standard time). Add them together, that's 15 hours. 7AM Taipei time is 10PM MDT which coincides with the turn-off time set for Sunday (as well as Tuesday).
I guess the time zone might be the key for the issue, but I cannot make sense for the correct time for the SSID off-line on Monday schedule.
It seems it won't be enabled on the schedule enabling time slot automatically.

I am keeping the schedule function on to check if it will be enabled on the Mountain time zone. ;)

Thanks for the help, Russellhltn.
Best Regards,
Albert
tian.hsi

Re: Liahona Schedule not working

Post by tian.hsi »

AHA, got it. The SSID is enabled at 2:00PM in Taipei time zone.
I will report this to GSC.
Attachments
Liahona SSID Schedule enable at wrong time.png
(100.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chungli Meeting House SSID Schedule.png
(63.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Best Regards,
Albert
roperjl

Post by roperjl »

We've made an adjustment to how the Scheduler calculates time zones. Please try it again and let me know if it doesn't behave as expected. Thanks!
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

It would be great if functionality was added to the scheduler so I could have more than one block of time per day where the Liahona SSID is on.

For example I would like to have wifi on up until 10am, disable automatically at 10am to preserve bandwidth for the broadcast and then wifi automatically re-enabled at 11am.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”