Static RTMP Url and Keys?

Discussions around receiving, originating, and holding Church broadcasts and conferences in meetinghouses including schedules, setup, equipment, and support.
mikevandre

Static RTMP Url and Keys?

Post by mikevandre »

I remember seeing a popup on the church webcast site that mentioned static urls and keys were going to be implemented on December 15th. That day has come and gone. Has this feature been implemented and is there a way to access it? This is a feature I care about as we are transitioning our stake meetinghouses to use mevo cameras. As is, every meeting will need to be manually configured in the mevo and I'm trying to make this as simple as possible for a ward to start broadcasting.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Static RTMP Url and Keys?

Post by lajackson »

The popup is gone from the Webcast Portal. With no new popup, I would think they may have successfully upgraded the site yesterday.

The promise was that a recurring event would not change the RTMP URL and Streaming Key each week. The way to test it is to set up a recurring event, and check the following week to make sure that those elements did not change.

I do not know if the change included more than not changing the codes for a recurring event. I am not sure if there ever was a plan to assign static elements to a specific location, encoder, or other device. I do not believe that was part of the plan, although I am no longer surprised when things happen.

And I am certain you will hear it here first if something miraculous like that does come to pass. It would be nice.
mikevandre

Post by mikevandre »

ok that makes sense. I was hoping I would be able to create a new static url and key and then select it for each event but this tied to event would still be a big improvement.
mikevandre

Post by mikevandre »

Another question, did I see something about the encoding rate doubling to 4.5 Mb/s or did I dream that?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mikevandre wrote:Another question, did I see something about the encoding rate doubling to 4.5 Mb/s or did I dream that?
Something like that. If I recall correctly, you now can encode at the higher rate without needing to check the high bandwidth switch when you set up the event at the webcast portal. I do not remember the exact number, but it was something like what you suggested.
kauihou

Post by kauihou »

I tried a Test event and nothing new. The test event passed and the RTMP url and keys changed.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

There is now a notification, in the portal, that the static url’s implementation has been postponed until 2021.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:The popup is gone from the Webcast Portal. With no new popup, I would think they may have successfully upgraded the site yesterday.
As Biggles has pointed out, I was wrong in my thinking, which it not an unusual occurrance. The Portal does indeed say that this feature will not arrive in time for Christmas (at least this year).
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

Massive thanks to the team for rolling this feature out!

Since entering the static RTMP details into our mevo we don't even need to fire up the app or anything.
Just turn the camera on and one press on the button and it begins streaming. Could not be any simpler. Anyone can set it up now and it seems extremely reliable as long as the bandwidth is present. A great solution. Really takes the stress out of Sunday morning set up.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

richarddanielwatts wrote:......Since entering the static RTMP details into our mevo we don't even need to fire up the app or anything.
Just turn the camera on and one press on the button and it begins streaming. Could not be any simpler. Anyone can set it up now and it seems extremely reliable as long as the bandwidth is present. A great solution. Really takes the stress out of Sunday morning set up.
Not needing the MevoApp and simply pressing a "real" button on the camera to start and stop RTMP streaming is definitely a nice feature! I didn't know the MEVO could do that. Here's a link that explains it https://help.mevo.com/hc/en-us/articles ... ctionality

Will the Mevo camera also remember it's PTZ settings from it's last use or does it revert back to the full frame view?

When you remount the camera on a tripod each week - how do you adjust the view without the APP?

Return to “Broadcasts and Conferences”