Mevo stopped working

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
MassagliaJA

Mevo stopped working

Post by MassagliaJA »

Hey everyone, I had an issue that I wanted to share with everyone in case you also were experiencing it.

Our stake has bought some Mevo Start streaming cameras for streaming our sacrament meetings to YouTube. We used them successfully for a few weeks and then this last weekend we were unable to stream. The Mevo was able to connect to the network, it could see the livestreams that we had scheduled, but when we would try to "Go Live" it would fail.

After troubleshooting this for a while, we eventually learned that the splash page network policy had a bug that was allowing the Mevo (and other devices) to work. Last week the bug was fixed which broke our ability to stream. I had to go into Technology Manager and add our Mevo's mac address to the NoSplash group policy and then it started working again. We also saw other devices such as printers and apple tvs break last weekend and they will need to be added to the NoSplash group policy also.

I hope this helps anyone else that is having similar problems.
afelstead

Re: Mevo stopped working

Post by afelstead »

I had the same situation happen to me. I suspected the WiFi splash thing was the problem, so I tested going through my own WiFi access point connected to the church network and that worked. So, that made me wonder if we had control over allowing certain devices which led me to the technology manager and I saw that NoSplash policy. Doing a search on that led me to your post. Thanks for posting this. Another option that would work would be to use the ethernet adapter. However, it is an additional $150.
CalS201

Post by CalS201 »

afelstead wrote:I had the same situation happen to me. I suspected the WiFi splash thing was the problem, so I tested going through my own WiFi access point connected to the church network and that worked. ................ Another option that would work would be to use the ethernet adapter. However, it is an additional $150.
A much less expensive option is to setup your own private WIFI network by plugging any old wireless router into the chapel's ethernet jack and configure the MEVO to connect to the wireless router. No need to run LAN cable from the MEVO. As a bonus you can turn off the Liahona WIFI without affecting your ability to broadcast.
rklindquist

Post by rklindquist »

I had this Splash Screen issue, so I posted on another thread about using the Mevo “HotSpot” setting to wirelessly tether the smartphone and use its data plan.

This does not use the smartphone’s hotspot, to be clear. It’s a neat tether using a WiFi SSID on the Mevo.
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

CalS201 wrote:
afelstead wrote:I had the same situation happen to me. I suspected the WiFi splash thing was the problem, so I tested going through my own WiFi access point connected to the church network and that worked. ................ Another option that would work would be to use the ethernet adapter. However, it is an additional $150.
A much less expensive option is to setup your own private WIFI network by plugging any old wireless router into the chapel's ethernet jack and configure the MEVO to connect to the wireless router. No need to run LAN cable from the MEVO. As a bonus you can turn off the Liahona WIFI without affecting your ability to broadcast.
I guess they saw so many of us doing this hence the roll out of the Lehi SSID.
rklindquist

Post by rklindquist »

Is the Lehi SSID hidden and does it have a different password than Liahona?
Wattsuk

Post by Wattsuk »

It's not hidden. Password is set locally every 90 days. I believe anyone with TM privileges can reset the password. STS, Bishoprics etc...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rklindquist wrote:Is the Lehi SSID hidden and does it have a different password than Liahona?
It's not activated by default. The password has to be changed every 90 days to keep it active.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rklindquist wrote:Is the Lehi SSID hidden and does it have a different password than Liahona?
You will only see it if the STS has set a current (<90 days) password. And the password can be different in each meetinghouse.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”