Printing issue

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
miken2av

Printing issue

Post by miken2av »

I know the title to this forum says "except for FHC printers." but I am not sure where else to ask....

I have been trying for a month to get support for a Lexmark printer in a FHC. I call the 800 number (866 406 1830) and get routed to a message that asks me to leave name and number and they will call back. Never have received a call back. I tried the LDS 800 number for printer support (800 537 7192). Lexmark isn't a choice and when you choose FHC you get to the same cue as the above 800 number. If anyone has any ideas on how to get help I am open to suggestions. I don't even mind going and getting a part if it can be fixed.

The issue is when you print something it has lines in it. I have attached a three page pdf. The first page is just scanning a black page. (i.e. scanner works fine) the second page is what it looks like if you try to print the black page. the third page is is what a regular text document looks like. It is a Lexmark MX611dhe (701-675) printer. The toner has been changed.

Any ideas are appreciated. :D
Attachments
Scanned-image_08-30-2018-134753.pdf
(625.05 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
nmecantwin73

Re: Printing issue

Post by nmecantwin73 »

Another option to contact FHC support would be emailing support@familysearch.org or via their Contact page at https://www.familysearch.org/ask/help. It's possible they may just direct you to Lexmark support for warranty service or repair. Be sure to have the printer model and serial number available.
peter3499

Re: Printing issue

Post by peter3499 »

if this happens after changing the toner, then try by replacing or reinserting the toner, try to clean the placement board of your printer. might be this works for you.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”