My samsung phone restarts every time I open the Tools app

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
rachaeltucker

My samsung phone restarts every time I open the Tools app

Post by rachaeltucker »

I have a samsung galaxy phone. Every time I open the Tools app it restarts my phone. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I can use the app one time after I reinstall it, but after that it continues to restart my phone. Can anyone help? Thank you!
davesudweeks

Re: My samsung phone restarts every time I open the Tools app

Post by davesudweeks »

On that one-time you can open it without restarting, I recommend you send in-app feedback. That will give the developers information that could help them sort it out (OS version, Tools version, etc.).
cuzinit

Post by cuzinit »

Having the same issue with my Samsung A10e
annagent

Post by annagent »

I have the Galaxy J7 have had this problem with pretty much ALL the church apps in the past 3 weeks, the WORST being the Choir app, which has been buggy since day 1 and has always been in serious need of fixes, now it won't even run and I finally just had to remove it.

I'm sensing the problem may be in how much on board storage a particular phone has. The other issue is, whatever version of OS its running the newer updates to the Apps will eventually no longer run on the older OS.

Mine comes with 16 Gig and its giving me fits that I've 'run out of space" So one way to reduce the crashing is making sure for those apps which can be set to use the external memory helps tremendously... I had to go through a major cleanup of my phone to move everything possible. Bottom line, its time I moved to a newer phone, but $$$ can't and I will have to stay with this one until it crashes. It seems now every Sunday I must go through and remove as many "caches' from every app possible before Church Apps will work. I'm the Music Director and depend upon the Music app heavily because we do not have anyone to play the organ/piano for our meetings. I just use the Music App and this has worked for us for several years now. I've got my phone connected to the church sound system so everyone can hear the hymns and we use the version with the voices singing the words too, Under present circumstances, hearing the words has helped our meetings! (just have to remember to turn all my notifications off so they don't go off during the music!)
brianjblack

Post by brianjblack »

I am having the same issue on my Galaxy A-10e phone. I opens one time after reinstalling it, and then it restarts my phone after that every time I try to access it.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”