Check Balance of Other Category in LCR?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sambryner

Check Balance of Other Category in LCR?

Post by sambryner »

Hello,

Can you check the balance of “Other” categories on LCR? I’m struggling to find it.

Thanks
garystroble

Re: Check Balance of Other Category in LCR?

Post by garystroble »

On Church web page, sign in, then go to Leader and Clerk Resources, then Finance, next Overview, then Income and Expense Summary, lastly click on the arrow next to Other.
sambryner

Post by sambryner »

Can’t thank you enough, had no idea that area existed.
rjhidaho

Post by rjhidaho »

Is this available to say the YW President or only ward Bishopric?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

rjhidaho wrote:Is this available to say the YW President or only ward Bishopric?
I believe Organizations can only see the amount in their own budget. So the YW President should be able to see the YW budget status but nothing in the "Other" category (which is the topic of this thread).
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davesudweeks wrote:
rjhidaho wrote:Is this available to say the YW President or only ward Bishopric?
I believe Organizations can only see the amount in their own budget. So the YW President should be able to see the YW budget status but nothing in the "Other" category (which is the topic of this thread).
The YW Presidency can view a subcategory balance of the Other:Authorized Member Financed Activities if the subcategory Permissions is set to include the Young Women by someone with finance edit permissions. This is typically done either by the ward clerk or the assistant ward clerk - finance in LCR > Finance > Budget > Manage Categories.

When the Permissions include an organization then they can view the category balance as well as submit payment requests for the subcategory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Holyloktar95

Post by Holyloktar95 »

I realize this is months later and I know how to check the monthly financial statements to see the balances as of the beginning of the month, but how do you check real-time amounts in LCR?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Go to LCR > Finance > Overview > Income and Expense Summary. If you want to see more detail go to Income and Expense Detail instead of the summary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Holyloktar95

Post by Holyloktar95 »

Thank you JD!! I've been searching for this for a long time. Warm regards and Merry Christmas!
jjibson

Post by jjibson »

Long time listener, first time caller. How do you manage the balance of an Other category? Does it have to be in MLS? (I received no training about how to manage the budget!)

Return to “Local Unit Finance”