Gospel Library no Longer on Kindle app store?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
loisdbrown

Re: Gospel Library no Longer on Kindle app store?

Post by loisdbrown »

Thanks for your response sbradshaw. You are extremely kind to keep trying to help me.
While I was troubleshooting the problem with Amazon, the customer service rep had me delete the app off the device several times and then try to reinstall. Gospel Library would always appear/work in an adult profile, but it will not appear in a child's profile. Amazon also had me delete the child's profile and then reinstall it. We did this several times as well. Then we tried the same thing on several different Kindle fire devices. (I have a large number of them.) The Gospel Library app wouldn't appear in any of the child profiles on any of the devices I own. My Kindles are all less than a year old and have all been updated to the most recent operating system and most recent Gospel Library app update. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with Amazon. They finally said it had to be something in the app itself that is prohibiting it from showing up in the child profile. I'm truly at a loss of what to do. I have contacted (via email) the church via the "feedback" feature in Gospel Library. All I got back from them was a pre-written response from a service missionary that didn't address the issue at all.
bohncm

Post by bohncm »

I am having this same issue with the Gospel Library app not appearing in the child profile.
I reluctantly had to allow my son to use my adult profile so he could use the Kindle in seminary.
Any possible way we can get this fixed soon?
katnebeker

Post by katnebeker »

I hope it's okay for me to post here as well. I've deleted the Gospel Library off of my old Kindle Fire and am wanting to install it again for my 14 year old to use for her study of Come Follow Me. I don't see it available at all. Any ideas?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

For those who have had trouble installing Gospel Library in a Kindle child profile, I'm curious if it's still broken after the latest Gospel Library release (5.4). Have you seen any change?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
bgbrown5

Post by bgbrown5 »

I have been using the library app on my kindle... I had to reset my kindle and when I tried to reinstall the gospel library... now I can't even use as it gets stuck trying to update / download the catalog and will not even open
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

bgbrown5 wrote:I have been using the library app on my kindle... I had to reset my kindle and when I tried to reinstall the gospel library... now I can't even use as it gets stuck trying to update / download the catalog and will not even open
Do you have any Kindle Fire OS updates available to install, if you recently reset your Kindle Fire? Also, did you reinstall Gospel Library from a backup, or directly from the Amazon Appstore (if from a backup, you could try deleting and reinstalling from the Appstore)?
musicaltheatreman

Post by musicaltheatreman »

Will the gospel library ever be available again for kindle fire. As of today, May 16, 2021, the gospel library does not show up in the App Store.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

musicaltheatreman wrote:Will the gospel library ever be available again for kindle fire. As of today, May 16, 2021, the gospel library does not show up in the App Store.
It shows for me – both in a browser and in the Amazon Appstore on my Kindle Fire.
https://www.amazon.com/Church-Jesus-Chr ... 006OP8494/

What version of Fire OS does your device have? Do you have any Fire OS system updates available?
nyork1

Post by nyork1 »

I own a 5th generation Kindle and started using it again within the last week (Fire OS 5.6.8.0). I uninstalled the Gospel Library app I had installed many years previously, searched Gospel Library on the Amazon app store, and reinstalled from there. For the last two days when I opened the app it seemed frozen on the initial screen when loading/updating Gospel Library and I would exit and repeat the same above process. Today (10/12/2021) I opened the app and let it stay open as I researched the issue in many places and came across this forum. After almost an hour with strong Wi-Fi connection :lol: the app finished updating. I'm sure other users will continue to have issues different than mine and hope they can have their issues resolved. I'm very happy to have access again to the most recent Come Follow Me and other recent content. Thank you to this forum. I kept the Gospel Library open because the info in this forum gave the impression that it should work on my particular device and settings. Thank you again!
kimberly35w

Post by kimberly35w »

I had the Gospel Library on my Kindle, they said I needed to manually update. It would not let me do it. So I uninstalled it to re download it and now Amazon is saying it is only available on Android.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”