Ward took too long to activate account, cannot remove and get new license

Using Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
torriem

Ward took too long to activate account, cannot remove and get new license

Post by torriem »

I have two wards that took too long to click on the e-mailed link to activate their accounts. The link comes up in the browser and says it has expired (it lasts for 30 days apparently). I tried to remove them from the meet page and then re-request the licenses, but I'm getting an error from the church meet web page that Zoom has locked changes to that e-mail address, even though the account setup was never completed. And in one case somehow they went ahead and created a zoom account with that same e-mail address, which probably has caused no end of problems. I've submitted feedback on this issue twice but have heard nothing in two weeks and my stake presidency is getting a bit concerned as we try to follow the directive to move away from the church webcast system. We've tried changing the email address of their account to free up the e-mail address, but I still can't remove the license to get the link re-issued. I appreciate any help getting this matter resolved.

I've found posting here to be a frustrating experience because there are lots of threads about zoom, and most of the time my messages get lost in the noise on existing threads. So I guess I'll add to the noise here with a new one in a hopes that someone who assist me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward took too long to activate account, cannot remove and get new license

Post by russellhltn »

Your two routes is feedback on the "Meet" page, and sending an email to mht at churchofjesuschrist.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
torriem

Post by torriem »

Okay. I've used the feedback link twice. I'll also send an e-mail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A new link with a form has appeared on the Meet page for those having problems converting an account. ("Click here if you receive an error message when trying to activate an email address with an existing Zoom account.")
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
torriem

Post by torriem »

Yes I used that link back in December to try to get an account merged that didn't work using the automatic licensing system. The merge might have actually happened, and an e-mail with activation instructions sent, but the ward didn't click on it for whatever reason, so that's why I'm in the spot I'm in. There's no field in that form you mention to type an explanation of what is wrong (one account may in fact already have been merged, but is stuck partially activated with expired link), so I don't think that form can help me. I hope that once the long weekend is finished someone will notice and see what we can do to fix this.

Now that the church is encouraging us to use webinar instead of webcasting, they really need an official support channel. Messing about with forums and survey forms takes weeks to resolve something that would take a very short amount of time via a phone call. For most issues zoom refers users back to the church zoom account administrator, but that e-mail address directs problems back to Zoom support. It's a frustrating experience to say the least.
rogerseda

Post by rogerseda »

I have the same problem. One unit failed to activate and now after resetting a password they got into the account but it is a BASIC account and not licensed. I am stuck since I cannot remove the account from the meet.church... webpage and zoom support will not help me.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rogerseda wrote:I have the same problem. One unit failed to activate and now after resetting a password they got into the account but it is a BASIC account and not licensed. I am stuck since I cannot remove the account from the meet.church... webpage and zoom support will not help me.
Send a email to mht at churchofjesuschrist.org.

barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

I sent an email to mht a week ago with no response. Are there any other avenues to take? I tried removing the account to add it back, but that through an error as well

> Error: Unable to remove the Zoom Account. Zoom has temporarily suspended changes to this account.Please try making the requested change again in approximately 10 minutes.Contact Zoom or click here you continue to experience issues and need assistance.

Not sure where to contact zoom.
cstarkweather

Post by cstarkweather »

if someone was able to get resolution, then please let me know -
In the Arlington Texas Stake we have one Zoom account that still needs activation -
thank you

Return to “Interactive Virtual Meetings”