Can I make a report of people who have paid tithing and fast offerings?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I make a report of people who have paid tithing and fast offerings?

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I think you might have misunderstood the question being asked. As I understand it, the poster is asking how to check if the member in question has paid any tithing. My answer was a possible way to check.
But that information was going to be used to decide "whether to leave her records in our ward or do something else with them". Based on the Handbook, I fail to see how or why that should play a role in that decision.

I didn't answer the question, but I did address the issue that was driving it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not aware of any requirement to pay fast offering, and Handbook 1:14.4.1.3 makes it clear that members can pay tithing annually if they wish to do so. So it seems like a monthly report if not used carefully could cause problems.
It's 34.4.1.3, and before it says that members can pay tithing annually if they wish to do so, it says "Leaders encourage members to pay tithing as they receive their income". Presumably the OP's bishop qualifies as one of those leaders.
chrisgrant

Post by chrisgrant »

The old wiki on this site seems to have at least contemplated something along the lines suggested in the first post of this thread. That wiki says: "An Income and Expense Report can be run using Details by Sub-Category and choosing Fast Offering as the category. This will show all donations by donor and date. Sorting by Donor will at least group the donations by donor, although any summing of totals per donor would have to be done manually."
nitzmahone

Post by nitzmahone »

Using the unit finance reports would also only show online or paper donations made through a unit. It's also possible to make payments directly to church HQ that aren't visible to the unit- this can be done for reasons of privacy, international payments, in-kind donations, or whatever. In those cases, HQ sends a separate yearly donation statement to the member (because the unit-visible values would be incomplete).

Return to “Reports and Forms”