notation changes

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
HyrumJackson

notation changes

Post by HyrumJackson »

So I've been using the app in gospel library for so long now, but they've recently changed the whole notation system and it's not as functional. The links don't work like they used to and the note screen is really small. Any ideas on why they changed this in the first place?
mcq1

Re: notation changes

Post by mcq1 »

My wife and I are very upset. None of the links work (starting July 26, 2021). We no longer have the sidebar and when we select a link we get an empty sidebar. We rely on the sidebar for our gospel study and teaching. We both use Samsung Tablet A, 2016 and 2020 models. Does anyone else have this problem. Gospel Library is useless without the sidebar and links.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mcq1 wrote:My wife and I are very upset. None of the links work (starting July 26, 2021). We no longer have the sidebar and when we select a link we get an empty sidebar. We rely on the sidebar for our gospel study and teaching. We both use Samsung Tablet A, 2016 and 2020 models. Does anyone else have this problem. Gospel Library is useless without the sidebar and links.
Do you have the sidebar "pinned"? If so, try tapping the "three dots" button at the top of the sidebar (if you see two "three dots" buttons, tap the lower one), and choose "Unpin Sidebar." The bug is related to the "pinned" version of the sidebar, and unpinning it is a workaround that may help.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
BNoblet

Post by BNoblet »

Yes, the issue manifested after I pinned the sidebar but now it remembers that setting... and the sidebar is COMPLETELY blank, there are no vertical 3 dots menu for me to unpin it. My husband is stuck in the same way...
Any suggestions?
daveread

Post by daveread »

I submitted a bug report on this problem, it's a known issue and apparently a fix is forthcoming, although no timeline given.
kathiekchristensen

Post by kathiekchristensen »

I'm having this issue on all of my devices: chromebook, Fire tablets, Samsung phone. Where can i download the previous version? How was this bug missed before releasing this update?
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Slightly better after the update today - the sidebar shows content, but you can't pin it, even in landscape when you used to be able to pin it.
kathiekchristensen

The Play Store still shows that the latest update is July 20th so I'm not sure what update you're talking about.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kathiekchristensen wrote:The Play Store still shows that the latest update is July 20th so I'm not sure what update you're talking about.
When I go to it, I see updated "August 9, 2021". However, I also see "Current Version - Varies with device"

If the bowser you're using is somehow linked to the device, Google Play will only show you the most recent version for your device.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kathiekchristensen

If you open the sidebar, is the content still frozen?

Return to “Android Gospel Library”