LCR Listing output vs. Report Output

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
markperkins

LCR Listing output vs. Report Output

Post by markperkins »

I have a really simple question. When I select a Member List report for output (print), why is the output content different than what I see listed online? For instance, the phone number source is different on each list. Makes no sense to me.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LCR Listing output vs. Report Output

Post by jdlessley »

When viewed in LCR from the Member List page the phone number will be the personal phone number or the household number in the absence of a personal number. When a print is requested then the output will be only the personal phone number. So if you see a number on the Member List page but see no number on the print output page then the member has no personal phone number listed in their record. Same happens with the email address.

When viewing the Member List page you can open an individual record to see both personal and household contact information. I guess the issue is the print output that needs better option selections or at least some notice or identification that the contact information is personal or household.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

Agree about the flagging of personal vs household on the printout (Feedback item for sure).
markperkins

Post by markperkins »

Thanks for the responses and support. So how does this go through the request system for LCR improvements?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

markperkins wrote:Thanks for the responses and support. So how does this go through the request system for LCR improvements?
On the page with the issue, in this case the LCR > Membership > Member List page, use the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer. The feedback will be routed to the appropriate team, office, committee, council, or department for consideration. The developers can take no action until those with decision authority take action and prioritize the issue for development. You will most likely not get a personal response but rather an automated 'feedback received' response. But rest assured the feedback will be considered.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
markperkins

Post by markperkins »

Thanks. I did that over a month ago & didn't get a reply as you said. Guess there are no next steps, then.
markperkins

Post by markperkins »

Any progress on this item?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

markperkins wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:07 am Any progress on this item?
The issue described in this thread has been overcome by the removal of the household telephone number and the household email address from Church records on 31 October, 2023 . They no longer exist. For those adult members in my ward I noticed that if the member did not have a personal phone number then the old household phone number was recorded as the member phone number and the same for the email address. I didn't look closely at the youth records to see what happened. I suspect that if the youth was the head of household, with nonmember parents or guardians, then the same thing happened.

So now the Member List report displayed on screen is the same information as the Member List report print output.
JD Lessley
markperkins

Post by markperkins »

Sweet. Thanks for the follow-up.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”