LCR Donations

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rjhidaho

LCR Donations

Post by rjhidaho »

We began using the new online LCR Donations process this past Sunday without any issues.

The process included printing two forms that state "For Church Use Only"

1. The Donation Batch Report
2. The Deposit Report

Unlike MLS there is no page printed that is to be included with the deposit bag going to the bank.

Is that correct?
q3moondog

Re: LCR Donations

Post by q3moondog »

I know this isn't answering your question but we also have noticed the same issue when we used LCR to enter donations. I've reviewed the help topic for this and the last step in the LCR instructions states "Place the Bank Copy of the Deposit Report in the envelope with the money for deposit in the bank." but we've not had a bank copy of the report printed. We just did not include a report with the deposit bag when we delivered it to the bank. Hopefully we will be able to find out what the correct procedure is.
nathanowen95

Discrepancy in LCR donations steps.

Post by nathanowen95 »

The help information provided for processing donations in LCR seems to have a discrepancy from what actually happens. https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng

The instructions in question are the last 3 steps

The batch is complete. Click Print Report to print the Donation Batch Report.

In the “Donation Summary” tab, a new batch entry with today’s date will be displayed. The status will show “In Progress” until the batch is approved.

File the Unit Copy of the Deposit Report in the ward or branch files with the Tithing and Other Offerings forms and the Donation Batch Report. Place the Bank Copy of the Deposit Report in the envelope with the money for deposit in the bank.

The instructions mention that there will a unit copy and bank copy of the deposit report printed (similar to MLS) which would be a total of 3 print outs (unit and bank deposit report, and a deposit batch report).

However when we processed it we only got a single deposit report and a single batch report.

Are we no longer required to provide a bank deposit report or is there a bug with LCR not printing enough copies. If I had to print a single report twice, I guess I could but I just want to be sure I'm following proper procedure.

In reality the bank copy is redundant because we have the deposit slip for the bank.

[moderator note: Post merged with this thread discussing the same topic]
nathanowen95

Post by nathanowen95 »

I guess I should have read this prior to my post. We saw the same behavior and also just didn't include a report for the bank. I'd like to know the correct process though.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

These comments are in relation to what we do in the UK.

Under MLS we have never included the Bank Copy print out with the money to be deposited. My thoughts are what would/does the bank do with the report? I imagine that all they might do is shred it, because they probably don’t have any system to forward it. The only documentation we include is a filled out, bank supplied, deposit slip. Perhaps this reflects how the bank systems in each country differs in their operations.

We have never had an Audit Exception for this.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's been a long time since I've done deposits, but I thought the bank report listed all the checks and the total cash broken down by bills and coins. The idea being that the bank would verify the deposit against the report.

It may be unnecessary when everything works, but without it, it might become a mess if something is wrong with the deposit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:It's been a long time since I've done deposits, but I thought the bank report listed all the checks and the total cash broken down by bills and coins. The idea being that the bank would verify the deposit against the report.

It may be unnecessary when everything works, but without it, it might become a mess if something is wrong with the deposit.
That must be the difference between the UK and US way of doing things. The UK bank deposit slip is where we fill in the details of cheque and cash details etc. This also has the bank sort code and Church account numbers preprinted. A bit more work to do, but at the end of the day it works! The MLS Bank Copy doesn’t have this information on it.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The last post (currently) in this thread has the answer about what copy should be sent to the bank: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=39307&start=10

Return to “Local Unit Finance”