Outlook Sync Never Works

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
pbstrein

Outlook Sync Never Works

Post by pbstrein »

Hi,

I tried following these instructions (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/off ... n-us&ad=us) to get the church calendar to sync to Outlook, but the events never appear in my outlook, even though the calendar does.

However, if I go to the link provided by the Calander Sync (LDS -> Calendar -> Sync -> Copy Url), I can a .cal file that when I open it, opens up the calendar as expected. I assume, however, that the latter method will not keep the calendar updated.

How do I get my calendar to properly sync using Outlook's "Internet Calendar" feature? Is there some step missing? Are there permissions that I need to set in order to properly sync? This is a work calendar, so there may be some work permissions denying access to the internet calendar.

Attached is a screenshot showing the difference. On the left is the Calendar used by using Outlook's Internet Calendar feature (Field -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Internet Calendar) . The calendar on the right is the calendar manually opened when I opened up the calendar via sync, downloaded the .ical file, and opened it in Outlook.
Attachments
Outlook Sync Problems.png
(83.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Outlook Sync Never Works

Post by russellhltn »

It sounds like the problem is in Outlook. If you don't get an answer here, you might try asking in a Outlook support forum.

One thing to be aware of is there is a 9 minute throttle. Once any device uses a link, it can't be re-used for 9 minutes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”