Surface Pen not Highlighting Like Before

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for Windows for Desktop and Mobile

Moderator: BowmanDH

jacobatk

Surface Pen not Highlighting Like Before

Post by jacobatk »

I'm having an issue with my surface pen on the Windows version of the app. I used to be able to drag and highlight, but it doesn't seem to work like before. Now if I hold the pen on a word it will eventually select the word and leave a highlight. I can resize, but I have to do that through editing the highlight. Any else having this issue? Is it just my device? I have been using the Live Pen option under the Annotate tab and it seems like it is still acting like a cursor.
tannerkyronburton

Re: Surface Pen not Highlighting Like Before

Post by tannerkyronburton »

Same here! It's pretty frustrating because that's my favorite part about using the surface to read the scriptures. I think it just started today or yesterday.
Pringles1

Post by Pringles1 »

It's an issue brought with the fall creators update. It changes the pen controls across all of Windows. We are working on a fix that should be out shortly.
jacobatk

Post by jacobatk »

Thank you. Appreciate all the hard work!
jchastain

Post by jchastain »

Any update on this? Is there a setting I can change?
jackntay

Post by jackntay »

Just an update on my experience with this. I'm on an HP Elite X2 G3. (HP's Surface clone) and a OnePlus 5t android 10.

I select text with the pen and no highlight appears. I select text with the mouse and cursor, then click the highlight button, no highlight appears. Yet when I select text with the mouse and cursor and right click, the pop up context menu says there is a highlight, but the colored highlight isn't showing up over the text. When I go to my Android Gospel library(GL). The highlights made in Windows GL show up there. If I interact with the highlights or I make new highlights in Android GL, after a few minutes they show up on my Windows GL.

A new weird bug popped up yesterday and persists today.

I select text in a paragraph with mouse and cursor, but when I click the highlight button, it highlights everything from the selected text to the end of the whole chapter, well beyond my selection. (Of course I can only see this when I go to Android) This is random and doesn't occur every time, but I tested it, selecting text very carefully and ensuring only one verse is selected, but when I get to android, the whole chapter beyond my selection is highlighted.

My workaround has been to just highlight on my phone.

Return to “Gospel Library for Windows”