How do I change my family photo in the directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
supermaughan

How do I change my family photo in the directory

Post by supermaughan »

I cannot figure out how to update my Household photo using the ward directory from a computer. The option to select my household that was in previous versions seems to be gone. I know how to do it in the Android app but my photos are on my computer and I do not want to transfer them to the phone.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How do I change my family photo in the directory

Post by jdlessley »

• Log onto ChurchofJesusChrist.org;
  • Select Ward Directory and Map;
  • Select household name;
  • Click the edit icon (pencil in blue circle) in the lower right of the household name pane;
  • Select the Photo tab;
  • Click the Change Photo button;
  • You can now either drop the file of the new photo on the frame or select the Choose a Photo on Your Device button to select the file.
Note the photo will not be available for others to view until it is approved by an administrator (bishopric member, ward clerk, assist ward clerk, membership clerk). Only household members 18 years old or older will be able to make the change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
billiericks

Post by billiericks »

"Edit with a pencil and circle" is not an option anymore. Only the word EDIT in UR corner. That leads to: Household Add Phone and Email. Visibility is Stake. Nothing else is there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

billiericks wrote:"Edit with a pencil and circle" is not an option anymore. Only the word EDIT in UR corner. That leads to: Household Add Phone and Email. Visibility is Stake. Nothing else is there.

I just checked and all is as I previously posted. I am using the Firefox, Chrome, and Edge browsers. It is the same for those three.
What browser are you using? Have you tried the incognito mode or private mode in your browser to eliminate old cookie issues? Stale cookies for the website have been known to cause problems.

The description you provided sounds more like what you would find in the mobile app, Member Tools. Are you certain you are working with the online, web based application, Ward Directory and Map?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
rick.hansen

Post by rick.hansen »

When I try to change my family photo, I keep getting told that the system is experiencing problems and to try again. I have tried for several different days and it keeps saying the same thing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rick.hansen wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:33 pm When I try to change my family photo, I keep getting told that the system is experiencing problems and to try again. I have tried for several different days and it keeps saying the same thing.
You might want to verify that the photo meets the size and format requirements. However, I'm not finding those specs. I would look at the size of the photo and make sure it's a jpg/jpeg.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

rick.hansen wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:33 pm When I try to change my family photo, I keep getting told that the system is experiencing problems and to try again. I have tried for several different days and it keeps saying the same thing.
I don't know what's happened with photo uploads in the last few years...but I do remember there were frequent problems with uploading photos and sometimes it can take several attempts to get a photo uploaded. If you're still unsuccessful, you can try asking a ward clerk if he can upload it for you. The clerks have additional ways to try uploading photos, so maybe one of the ways will be successful. I was recently called as a clerk again, so I'm sure I'll soon be getting acquainted with the current state of what works and the workarounds.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”