iOS to Chromcast in 2.0?

Discussions related to the Gospel Media App - formerly called LDS Media Library (all platforms)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: iOS to Chromcast in 2.0?

Post by sbradshaw »

johnsherwood65 wrote:Hi, I have an iPad iOS 12.4.1 able to use Chromecast to cast from the youtube app but no icon appears in the library app? When a play a scripture or watch a video.
It works fine on my android phone.

Any help would be a blessing Thanks
Are you in Gospel Library or Gospel Media?
Gospel Library for iOS doesn't have support for Chromecast. You could send it as a suggestion under Settings > Send Feedback.

I haven't tried it, but the Google Home app for iOS may allow you to mirror whatever's on your screen to the Chromecast.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnsherwood65

Post by johnsherwood65 »

I also am having the same issue. Any responses to correct the issue of no icon when clicking headphones to listen and cast a scripture or watch a video with iPad?
johnsherwood65

Post by johnsherwood65 »

[quote="johnsherwood65"]Hi, I have an iPad iOS 12.4.1 able to use Chromecast to cast from the youtube app but no icon appears in the library app? When a play a scripture or watch a video.
It works fine on my android phone.

Any help would be a blessing Thanks

RE: On the same network, force stopping or reinstallation does not fix the issue?
johnsherwood65

Post by johnsherwood65 »

Posted on this forum?????
Postby sbradshaw » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:16 am

Yes, you can cast to Chromecast from LDS Media Library for iOS. Make sure you're on the same network as the Chromecast, or nearby. If you don't see the Chromecast icon, try force-closing and reopening the app. The Chromecast icon should appear in the top right. Note that the Chromecast button is inside LDS Media Library – not in the iOS control center where AirPlay is.
hoytim

Post by hoytim »

Hi. I realize this post is like three years old now…but I’ve been trying to Chromecast videos from the LDS Gospel Library for years now (mostly at home for family scripture time, etc.), with no success. Ever. If this WAS a feature, did they later remove it from the app?? There is an icon to “Airplay” but nothing for actual Chromecast. I don’t see any options in the app or settings to “allow access to local network,” so Chromecast could be an option. Please help! Thank you.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

hoytim wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:29 am Hi. I realize this post is like three years old now…but I’ve been trying to Chromecast videos from the LDS Gospel Library for years now (mostly at home for family scripture time, etc.), with no success. Ever. If this WAS a feature, did they later remove it from the app?? There is an icon to “Airplay” but nothing for actual Chromecast. I don’t see any options in the app or settings to “allow access to local network,” so Chromecast could be an option. Please help! Thank you.
Gospel Library for iOS doesn't have, and hasn't ever had a Chromecast feature, so far. Gospel Media for iOS, a different app, does support Chromecast.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Media”